Later That Night

{A/N: THANK YOU FOR GETTING THIS OVER 2K VIEWS! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile- I am also currently working on my other story "Momentary" which is also NaruSasuNaru. I hope you enjoy this chapter!}
...

Sounds from the festival workers cleaning up came from behind us as we walked back to my place, in the opposite direction.

Naruto and I hadn't spoke much after our brief discussion about the letter. Our feet shuffled as we made our way up the inclined sidewalk.

"Can we just... Forget the past?" Naruto asked quietly.

Then, there was a brief moment of silence. I wondered what to say. I could have easily forgotten him before, in fact, I think I did. It wasn't even a big issue on my mind, until he wrote me that letter and showed up at my door. It was strange that he would suddenly decide to show up and then want to become friends again.

"Sasuke...?" Naruto questioned, "Can we-?"

"Uh- I suppose," I muttered back, curious about what was going on in his life.

I wanted an answer for why he was truly here, but I felt uneasy to ask him. He wanted us to start over and be friends, but something made me suspicious.

After a long, silent walk we had made it back to my apartment. We walked up the dark, low lit staircase. The uneasy feeling I had earlier grew stronger. Being alone with Naruto in this dark staircase, his face hidden by shadows, made me trust him less and less. I almost felt scared of him.

I struggled to get my keys in the lock of my apartment door. It was awkwardly silent, only the jingling of my keys made any sound. The door clicked opened and I stepped in slowly, reaching my hand over the light switch. The lights flashed on.

Suddenly, multiple faces shot up around the room,

"Surprise!" Various voices called out towards me.

"Happy Birthday!" A girl exclaimed.

It was Sakura. Apparently, she had planned a surprise party for me. I had not realized it was my birthday today.

Naruto walked in behind me, not aware that it was my birthday either.

"What?" Was all I could get out along with a small chuckle. I was actually surprised, because how could I have forgotten about my birthday? I usually didn't celebrate, but I was aware of when it was. I must have lost track of time.

"Oh," Sakura whispered, "I didn't know you'd bring-?!" She stopped, her eyes widened, "Wait, Naruto!? What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in... Forever!"

Naruto walked in nervously, Sakura wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"Sasuke," She interrupted, "Get in here."

I sighed and slumped over to the group hug. All our other friends cooed at our friendship. I blushed.

"How embarrassing...," I thought.

Later, while everyone was conversing and eating birthday cake, I was sitting in between Naruto and Sakura on the couch. Sakura had been catching us up on what was going on in her life, and soon after she had asked Naruto and I the same question.

"Not much," I lied slightly, as I was not in the mood to discuss my life. Although, in the past year, nothing "crazy" had actually happened. I looked up at Sakura. She just shrugged, then looked at Naruto. She was just as curious as I was to figure out what was going on in Naruto's life.

The two of us waited patiently. Naruto thought for a moment, "Well, I have basically been living on my own... In a small home.. In a small town... Nothing usually happens, I guess..."

Dammit. He got away using the same answer I did. Only, he gave more details.

"Oh!" Sakura scoffed, "You two are so boring... Hm, but Naruto... What are you doing here with Sasuke? You couldn't have just bumped into him, right?"

"Oh, right," Naruto blushed, "I guess that is something I should explain."

Naruto turned more slightly towards Sakura and I. He leaned in closer, we did the same. Intrigued by what Naruto would tell us.

"You see," Naruto began whispering, "I came back... Because I was in love with Sasuke and needed to confess my love for him."

I jolted back away from our huddled conversation.

"W-What?!" I stumbled, "Your what? Your love?! What?!"

Sakura began cracking up loudly by my sudden outburst of confusion. Naruto grinned widely, chuckling silently.

My face was flushed as I looked around to see everyone staring at the three of us- specifically me.

"It was only a joke!" Naruto laughed.

Embarrassed, I stood up and quickly stomped away into my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I threw myself onto my bed. I heard Naruto call out my name as I slammed my door.

"Wow," I thought angrily, "Way to go..."

Now I knew why I lived so far from everyone else. I would always end up doing something embarrassing, this was probably one of the worst verbal situations I have gotten myself into. I sighed and thought for another moment. I couldn't believe Naruto would just confess his love for me.

How embarrassing... Although, it would explain his actions earlier when he first showed up at my door. He did try to kiss me after all. This made me believe that it may have been a joke, but something he truly meant.

I blushed and shoved my face down into my pillow, "That idiot!"

A knock a my door made me cringe.

"Now what?" I wondered, aggravated by the recent events.

"It's me, Naruto!" He called outside the door, "Let me in!"

I lethargically dragged my body to the door, opening the door at just a crack.

"May I come in, please?" Naruto pleaded, smiling brightly.

I grunted, swinging the door open, allowing Naruto in my room.

"I'm sorry about that," He apologized, "I didn't mean to embarrass you..."

"It's fine," I assured.

Naruto slinked towards me, leaning close to my ear, "It's true though."

Shivers crept down my spine. We glanced at one another for a solid couple of seconds before I realized he had closed his eyes and pressed his puckered lips against mine. I didn't flinch, I just let it happen. For a second I wasn't sure if I should kiss back or not. Before I could decide, Naruto backed up a little and looked me in the eyes again.

"I-," Naruto began.

"No," I interrupted.

Those were the only words that were spoken before I leaned in and kissed him back. He didn't hesitate to continue.

...
{Alright! Is this a story where I should go into detail or not, what do you think? ;) Please let me know so I can continue this for you guys, lol!}