Farewell

{A/N: This will be ending soon, probably in the next part}

My head was pounding when I regained consciousness. I was lying on a bed, in a room I had never been in. My arms were tied behind my back, but I easily managed to remove it.

I stood up and searched for something I could use as a weapon to protect myself if I was in danger.

I heard someone talking outside the door, but couldn't make out any of the words. It sounded like Naruto. I assumed this was his bedroom and I was in his house. I wasn't sure if I felt safer knowing that he was here, or scared because he was the one to put me here.

After quickly searching around, I grabbed a pair of scissors off of the desk, hoping they'd help me if I needed them. I brought out my phone and dialed 911 to tell them to get here as soon as possible.

I pressed my back up against the wall beside the door, preparing to attack if someone came into the room.

Suddenly a voice spoke from the other side of the door, it was Naruto.

"Sasuke? Are you awake yet?" Naruto called out.

I kept quiet, gripping tighter on the handle of the scissors.

"Sasuke...?" Naruto spoke softer.

The door handle slowly turned and opened just a crack. Both of my hands held tightly onto the scissors to keep my arms steady. I was terrified he'd try to kill me too.

The door swung open and I lunged my arms towards the entrance. I didn't hit anything. I frantically peered down the empty hall.

"Where the hell did he go?!" I thought, backing up towards the bed.

"Sasuke?" He called out again.

My eyes jolted to the direction of his voice. Naruto's head peaked out from another room.

"Please don't leave! Listen, I need to talk to you about-!"

"You killed her!" I shouted back, "You killed Sakura, I know it was you!"

"I know, I know what I did! I didn't mean to!"

"Didn't mean to? You fucking stabbed her! Multiple times!"

"I... I know, but-"

"But what?! What the hell could your excuse be to kill her?!"

"I-I was jealous and I... I don't know. I went to see her and talk to her and-"

"No! Shut up! You killed her and nothing is going to change that! I already told the police that your a suspect and they are on their way right now!"

Naruto and I didn't say much for a moment. I kept my eyes on him and my weapon ready. I could hear the sirens of the police coming from down the street.

I hesitated before speaking, "Are you going to let me leave?"

Naruto sighed slightly as he headed towards the front door. I followed behind him, placing the scissors back on his desk before leaving.

I followed Naruto to the door, only a few feet behind him.

"Sasuke...," Naruto began again, clenching his fists.

"Stop trying to justify yourself, Naruto," I sternly whispered back as I passed him by.

I grabbed onto the door handle.

"What will they do with me?" Naruto asked softly.

"I don't know," I replied, "Arrest you and put you in prison, probably..."

"What about you?"

Letting my hand slip off the handle, I turned and looked at Naruto, "Me? Nothing... I'm just going to return home. They'll most likely talk to me and ask me a few more questions, but after that they'll let me go."

"... I won't let you leave then," Naruto mumbled.

Suddenly, Naruto pulled a gun out from underneath his clothes. My heart started racing, I didn't want to die. Not now, not like this.

I heard the police cars come to a stop outside the building, floors below us.

"Naruto...," I spoke calmly, reaching my arms out. I stepped closer towards him and the shaky gun that was aimed right at me. I wasn't sure whether I should try to get the gun from him or not. The police would be up here any minute.

Naruto reached into his pocket, his other hand still pointing the gun at me. He pulled out a red envelope and shoved it towards me.

"Here, take this," He insisted, his voice shaking.

I moved slowly as I reached over to grab the letter. The moment my fingers made contact with the paper, the loud fire of the gun went off. As my head turned to look to see where it fired, I watched as Naruto fell to the ground.

"N-Naruto?!" I knelt down beside him, picked him up, and held onto him tightly.

I didn't know what else to say, or what to do. Naruto was gone. I just sat there, holding onto to him, crying. His blood pooled and spread out across the floor.

The police soon busted the door down and entered the room. They pointed their guns at me and told me to back away from him. I didn't want to let go.

The cop from earlier recognized me and tried to help me out of the apartment while the others looked around and finished the case. Before leaving I snatched the red envelope Naruto gave me and stuffed it into my pocket so they wouldn't take it from me. She tried to console me out in the hallway before asking a lot of questions again.

I didn't want to talk to them anymore. I wanted to go home, be alone, and cry. Instead, they took me down to the police station to explain what happened and I ended up staying there for another couple of hours.

After they were certain I had nothing to do with the murder or Naruto's suicide, they let me go home. It was dark out now, I was completely exhausted. These past couple of days were so overwhelming. I just wanted to go to sleep forever and forget about everything that had just happened. I had lost my two and only best friends. I wish I could have gone back and changed every bit of what I did, but it was too late.

{A/N: Sorry for any errors, I was trying to finish this up quickly for you guys! :) also if it is cliche-ish, sorry!! I will try my best to write a good ending for all of you!}