Caught

That was, probably, the worse nights sleep I had ever had. I kept waking up to every little sound that went off in my apartment. I ended up sleeping with the lights on.

I stayed up after waking up for the third time. It was impossible to sleep right now, as much as I wanted to, I couldn't fall asleep again.

I occupied myself by scrolling through articles from our hometown on my phone. Maybe something related to Naruto would show up, but nothing ever did. I don't think he's ever killed someone before, because there would have definitely been a story on it.

I wasted the rest of the early hours that morning playing different games on my phone. When I got bored I thought up conclusions for why Naruto was acting this way. Perhaps he was a criminal? Maybe I was wrong, but I kept that in the back of my mind. Naruto was possibly dangerous and if I did go see him, I'd need to be cautious.

...

When the sun had risen up, I washed up and dressed myself before heading down to Sakura's house again. I brought the letter Naruto wrote me just in case it could be possible evidence. There were people here again this morning looking for more clues. I approached one of the officers. She recognized me from last night.

"I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to be here, but I was curious if you had found anything yet?" I asked nervously.

"We have," She began, catching my attention, "Possible fingerprints, shoe prints... But not the murder weapon... We're sorry about your loss, but we'll be sure to find out who the killer is soon once we scan the prints."

"Well," I shared, "I think I have an idea of someone who did it."

She raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Yeah," I answered, "And he gave me his current address right here in this letter..."

I handed the letter Naruto wrote me. She read it before responding.

"Is it alright if I keep this?"

"Yeah, but I was... I was also wondering if I should go down there to see him? Would that be allowed? Maybe if you came along, with some others as well?"

"I'll check, but we'll be sure if he did it by the fingerprints we found."

"Okay. Thanks."

I left the crime scene and made my way back to my apartment. I brought my phone out and wondered if I should give him a call.

If it was Naruto who killed Sakura, I hoped the address I provided was useful to catching him. I wondered whether or not calling him would be dangerous. Would he be suspicious if I called, or didn't call?

I chose not to for the moment and stopped at a nearby shop to get something to eat. I ordered a sandwich and a glass of water to keep things simple.

As I waited for my food, I couldn't believe who I spotted outside. It was Naruto, walking up the sidewalk towards my apartment building. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming or being delusional, but it was really him. I quickly rushed out of the shop and ran across the street towards Naruto. I snuck up a few feet behind him and followed him.

He walked all the way to my apartment building and went inside. Was he coming to see me because I didn't go to him? It hadn't even been a whole day yet.

"Is he really that desperate to see me again?" I questioned to myself.

I peered around the corner and saw him step into the elevator. After the doors closed, I followed and the elevator lifted me up to my apartment floor.

I slowly walked out of the elevator and down to my door. I didn't see or hear Naruto around me. I checked my door, but it didn't seem like he had entered. I unlocked my door and slowly opened it.

I tip-toed inside and looked around the kitchen, then further into my living room. Jumping to the sound of my door creaking, I crouched onto the ground and behind the side of the couch.

I could hear the sound of shoes walking across the wood floor. My legs were shaking and my throat felt dry. I was terrified by the fact that Naruto would potentially try to hurt me if he suspected me of knowing who he was.

When I heard him walk down the hall toward my bedroom, I crawled across the floor, back into the kitchen. I peered around before standing up to reach one of the kitchen knifes. I bent back down and pressed my back against the island counter. I took a deep breath and turned the corner. As I crawled around, I froze as I looked directly at a familiar pair of shoes. A second later, I had been knocked out.

[[[A/N: Woo! So far so good, what will happen next?!
Also, shameless self promotion to check out my other interactive story- "Positive" (NaruSasu)]]]