11

Third Person POV

"You didn't have to knock," Louis said instead of a greeting, "coulda just barged in."

Harry's eyes widened as he remembered what Louis had said and he instantly felt bad because what if Louis was in the bathroom and had to rush out and Harry was just being rude.

"Oh shit! Sorry-"

Louis started laughing, not rudely though, "It's okay Harry no need to apologize for doing the polite thing and knocking."

Harry blushed profusely but couldn't form any words to say to that. His thoughts were too fast and all over the place. Louis seemed to notice that and pulled Harry into the apartment by his forearm.

"Alright then," Louis said as he shut the door and Harry was stood awkwardly in the 'kitchen,' "hungry? Or did your sister feed you?"

Harry shook his head, which Louis didn't understand what he meant.

"Well, erm," he continued awkwardly, "I'm gonna make some food."

Harry nodded and stayed standing awkwardly in the same spot. 

He watched as Louis started opening up cabinets only to slam them shut and go to another one. Slowly he became more and more flustered and Harry started to smile because Louis hardly seemed to get flustered. 

"Um," the blue eyed boy turned to look at him after finally slamming the fridge close, "right so I forgot to get food for my apartment." Louis avoided his gaze, his voice getting softer after each word until he was almost whispering at the last.

Harry couldn't help himself and laughed, "and you only now noticed?" 

"Well, uh, shit, uh, you see-"

Harry laughed louder, cutting off his flustered mess of words.

"It's been twenty-four hours, Lou!"

Louis turned even more pink but it wasn't from embarrassment. Lou. He didn't know why but it made his heart flutter.

"I cannot believe you," Harry was stilling laughing, Louis had joined him, unable to stop himself when Harry's dimples are out and his eyes are so bright. And his laugh was so infectious. 

Harry's really becoming comfortable with me, he mused.

"I can order pizza," Louis offered once their laughter died off. 

Harry shrugged, "sure, otherwise I think my sister left food in the fridge. We could sneak back to mine and grab it."

"Eh, I'm good with pizza." Louis picked up his phone, "plus I don't want to bother your sister."

"She's not there."

Louis paused, he had been typing in numbers for the pizza place. "She's not?" He frowned.

Harry shook his head, curls shaking and bouncing.

"So you would have been home alone all night?" 

"Well yeah but I'm sixteen so-"

"So?" Louis cut off, suddenly concerned, "does she often leave you by yourself?"

Harry frowned, he was confused as to why Louis was so concerned about him being alone. It really wasn't a big deal, he was sixteen years old not five. 

"I guess," he shrugged, "but it's not an issue."

"But you're all alone-"

"Louis," he breathed out, almost frustrated but he couldn't bring himself to be when the older boy was just concerned, "you're only two years older and you have your own apartment, I think I can handle being alone while I sleep."

Louis grumbled about something but seemed to accept the matter and started calling for pizza.

"Harry just sit down would ya."

Harry jumped, Louis having broken him from his random daydream. He coughed awkwardly and shuffled to a stool that was beside the small kitchen counter. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize."

Suddenly Harry felt like he was being scolded by his mum or something, who was Louis to boss him around? So he sat grumpily on his chair as Louis started to rummage around in his cabinets again.

It was a mere four minutes before his curiosity got the best of him.

"What are you doing?"

Louis paused to look at Harry, the familiar pink coating his cheeks. "I don't have any plates," he muttered sheepishly.

And Harry couldn't stop himself from laughing.

"God Louis, and you are worried about me being alone!" He laughed and Louis blushed further but joined in soon after.

------

Ok so like... I reread a portion of one of my other books because of comments and everything and like....why is this book so emo.

My other book I was joking around so much more, the tone was light and shit. Damn, the difference a year can make.

However I might take a lighter tone because this book just seems dry.

Sorry for the short chapter and sorry if there's a drastic change between this one and the next.

- J.L.