5

I decided maybe I will publish this if I get to a sticking point where I have no idea how to move forward and what direction to take (because despite it all, there isn't just One Direction) soo then I'll just publish it to ask for help. With the book of course not with being mentally fucked.

----

Third Person POV

"I'm nervous, really really really nervous." 

"I know dear."

Louis had been repeating himself for nearly an hour and to be frank, his mother was getting sick of it.

Louis whined. "But mom-"

"I know, you're nervous," Jay said sweetly, looking to her son with a small smile. "Everything will be fine though, and if it isn't,"

Louis looked at her with wide, anxious eyes of blue.

"well you can just move right back home and we'll take care of whatever you need. You can take a year off from school for all I care, we'll be here for you love." Jay was worried of course, and sad, but her son was more worried. She had to be the one to reassure him, to build his confidence up so he wouldn't shut down.

Louis nodded shakily, "thanks mum, but I have to do this. It's just scary to actually, you know..."

"Be an adult?" Jay laughed humorously. "Trust me hun, I know. But you'll do fine dear, and I already confirmed with your landlord that you could move in today so you don't need to stress about that."

Louis immediately lit up, "Really?!"

Jay nodded, "Mmhm, he said the door would be open and the key will be inside in an envelope somewhere."

"You're the best!" Louis cheered and bounced a bit in his seat. It was becoming a long car ride, they only had just entered the city and he was getting anxious.

"I really wish I could stay with you tonight Lou," Jay said suddenly, her voice cracking a bit as her sadness to see her eldest grow up started to shine through. "I really do, but with the girls and work," she sighed sadly, "I just can't."

"It's alright mum, I really do understand." And he did, but he was still sad about it. He knew he would instantly miss his mum. "Besides, you'll help me unpack and then I'll call you later, once you're back home and all."

Jay nodded, a tight lipped smile present on her face. 

"You really did get lucky with this apartment Lou," Jay changed the subject, not being able to bare any more talk of her son growing up, "usually you can't move in until the start of the month."

Louis shrugged, "I did not know that." Then he whined, "there's loads that I still don't know mum, I don't think I can make it. I'll end up dead by the end of the week."

"Louis Tomlinson! I do not want to hear you say things like that!" Jay scolded. "You really think I would let you leave if I thought you couldn't make it? You think my judgement is that bad huh? That I'm a bad mum?" She persisted.

"No mum," Louis groaned.

"Exactly." Jay said harshly, "You'll be just fine so stop with all this whining."

"Yes mum."

"Good." Then Jay thought for a bit and took on a softer tone. "I know you're worried love, but you will be okay. I'll call all the time and you can message whenever if you need anything. And I'll make sure one of your neighbors bothers you to make sure you're taking care of yourself."

Louis flushed at his mum babying him but was also glad because he really was scared to be in a city alone with his family so far away.

"Thank you mum," he gave her a smile.

Jay smiled back then turned her eyes right back to the road. 

They were nearly there.

Nearly to Louis' new life, his future.

-----

I didn't write all day.

Not beneficial tbh. So I had to write before bed. Thank god I did because I already feel better.

I was productive today so that was nice, even did some extra credit which I really didn't need to. Plus I worked out. But then I had a 'not fun' conversation and plummeted.

But I'm back so whatever. 

This book is going to be so fucking long. Damn. I wanna finish before my birthday though, but we'll see how much I have improved by then. Or if something new has popped up in my life to prevent this.

-J.L.