7

Third Person POV

Louis loved his new apartment. It was cozy and somehow exactly how he imagined it would be.

There were only three light fixtures in the place and all cast a warm yellow glow. One for the main space and one in each branching room, which was just a room with a bed and the bathroom.

And the walls, they were left at an odd off-white color except for a random wall that was painted green. Besides their color they also did not seem to be straight, but Louis wasn't sure if he could prove that or not. 

But there was everything Louis needed and after he unpacked most of his belongings it truly looked like his own place and he loved it.

Right after his mum left he immediately changed into lounge clothes and enjoyed the freedom of being alone. No little sisters whining and no nagging mother.

After about 45 minutes he was lonely.

-------

Harry was simply relaxing when Gemma bustled into the apartment.

"Hey Harry," Gemma greeted.

"Hey."

Gemma frowned at the boy on the couch. He was still wearing the same superman pajama pants from last night, his shirt was wrinkled, his hair, unruly. She tutted, "you haven't been just stressing all day have you?"

Harry shook his head.

"Really Harry? You're in basically the same position I left...and on the same page of that book might I add." Gemm strutted over to the couch and smacked Harry's outstretched legs so that she could sit. He just lifted them and placed them comfortably on her lap.

"You're alright boo, right?" 

Harry was sick of conversations like this. Gemma acted all concerned, and maybe she was, but she just wanted him to be alright. So that mum wouldn't kill her.

"I'm fine Gem," Harry grumbled.

Gemma pinched his leg and glared at him.

"Ow!" Harry whined. "Really, I am!" He protested, "and I didn't just sit around, I made a, erm, a friend."

"You left the flat again?" Gemma sighed disapprovingly.

"No! He lives here," Harry explained, "just moved in actually."

"Oh," Gemma thought it over, "I'm happy for you then Harry, friends are good."

Harry rolled his eyes, "obviously Gems."

Gemma pinched his leg cause another whine from Harry. 

"Enough sass, mister," she chided, "or I'll tell mum."

Harry scoffed, "you won't tell mum anything, you know she'll blame you straight away."

"Don't worry. I'm well aware."

Gemma got up from the couch and went back to whatever she was doing before, Harry wasn't really paying attention. 

He was unfocused, like Gemma had pointed out before. But when she had left in the morning he was more stressed about work.

And he was still stressed about work, but that anxiety was numbed by Louis.

All things Louis.

He was his first friend in London, if Harry could even call him that. So of course he was starting to get an obsession. Wondering if it would be weird if he messaged the boy, his mum had given him his number. 

But it wasn't like they were really friends. Harry didn't know one thing about the boy. Besides his unbelievably kind heart. 

Louis was so nice and it was all Harry could think about. 

And his mum was nice too. Over protective, like his mum.

Then Harry's heart started to ache for his mum, and he wondered again -- like he had at when he first came to London -- why his mother would send him away. What had he done?

He couldn't think of anything wrong he had done, but he knew he obviously hadn't thought hard enough because he was still in London and his mother still hadn't asked for him to return.

And then Harry was crying. Tears soaking slowly into his day old t-shirt. 

Gemma heard his sniffling, she was by his side within seconds.

"Aw babes, what's wrong?" She lifted him slightly so that she could hug him to her chest.

Harry shook his head.

Gemma started to stroke through his hair, accidentally pulling it here and there by how unruly it was. 

"Don't cry love," she whispered softly.

Harry cried harder.

"I miss mum," he whispered shakily, then buried his face into his sister.

Gemma didn't say anything.

"Why'd she send me here?" His voice was muffled but Gemma knew what he said and she froze for a second. "What'd I do?"

Gemma looked at her brother sadly, not knowing how to answer. 

So she didn't.

Instead she just held her brother as he cried and wished things were different, for his sake.

------

Kinda sad but oh well.

I think I can only write one tonight but I said that last night and still wrote two without blinking. I did work today though so...

I was so nauseous today it was annoying. Did not help my mood swings.

Also

WTFFF LOUIS" HAIR.

Yes, the day that I am writing on is the same day Louis posted on his story a clip of his live from london rehearsals with a hair reveal and now we have long hair Louis. It shook up my entire day. Just seeing that clip. It really is sad how much influence this man has on me.

Made my day though ngl.

WHy do I feel like H and L had a bet though. Cause H's jingle ball thing is tomorrow and pictures were released today from it I think. But like why do I feel like H and L sat down together and were like:

H: I bet I can make them freak out more than you can.

L: Yeah right, I've been saving this up for awhile, you're on styles.

H: They freak out over anything I do, I'm going to win, sorry 

L: Harreh Harreh Harreh, you have no idea how wrong you are

Anyways, moments over, this was a long ass AN but oh well

luv

-J.L.