9

Third Person POV

Harry was getting a bit worn out after spending nearly two hours being bombarded with information. Information that was all about coffee. And a little about the pastries that they sold as well.

It was nearing lunchtime and it was obvious Louis' crankiness from the morning had returned. He had been pleasant for the most part for the training, but it depended who you asked. Liam was beyond annoyed with Louis as the boy kept goofing off. First it was using the steamer incorrectly even though Liam had just told him how to use it and what would happen if he did it wrong. 

But in Louis' defense, Harry had laughed so happily, brightly, when the milk started to explode all over the place in a steam cloud.

Then there was the whole thing with the foam in someone's latte being made into some obscene art, which one lady complained about and Liam wanted to murder Louis but Louis merely shrugged and said he wasn't quite sure what he was doing. Even though Liam had taught him very well how to do latte art and was fairly positive the boy was purposely making penises in people's lattes. 

But it wasn't all Louis, he had shown Harry how to do it too and the two had done nearly a dozen lattes as such when finally one cranky lady had to just go and ruin their fun.

The bell on the door chimed and Louis groaned.

"Shush," Liam scolded, "you've hardly worked two hours suck it up."

Louis glared heavily at Liam as his back turned to greet the customer who had just entered.

 Harry didn't realize he was staring at Louis until he turned and snapped, "what?" at the boy.

Louis instantly felt bad as a frown made its way onto Harry's face, but he felt too awkward to apologize. So instead he just kept his mouth shut and turned his attention back to Liam.

"She wants a decaf Americano," Liam turned towards the two after having helped the lady, "think you can handle that Louis?"

Louis glowered but bit his tongue and just nodded, however, he wasn't paying attention too well to the terminology and had no idea was Liam was saying to him. So he just grabbed the cup Liam was holding out to him and made his way over to the decaf espresso machine.

Harry watched, a bit sad that Liam didn't think that he could to it. But he was still fascinated by how odd Louis was. Stomping around like a toddler, fumbling with the espresso machine and nearly spilling the shots (which seemed nearly impossible as there was hardly enough liquid to be spilt). 

And Louis was so concentrated on being mad it seemed, at least to Harry. He would relax his face a bit then immediately scrunch it back up a few seconds later as if he had forgotten he was supposed to be annoyed or something. It was very intriguing in Harry's eyes. 

Louis was simply feeling nervous with the two boys watching him and he hardly knew if he was doing it right. Which he was, and Liam was shocked by it, a bit annoyed too as the boy was being such a pain for the entire training.

Louis handed off the cup to the lady easily and then turned back to Liam.

Liam shrugged then turned to Harry. "Can you grab a muffin for her, I forgot to say earlier."

Harry smiled and nodded and set off for his task. 

Louis became even more annoyed at Liam making Harry smile, especially when he had just placed a frown on the boy's face minutes before.

"Here you are miss," Harry said politely as he handed off the pastry bag with a blueberry muffin inside. Harry loved the smell of the muffin and was smiling warmly as the lady took her muffin and thanked him. Then Harry returned to Liam and Louis, who were both glaring off in different directions.

"Hi!" Harry greeted the two with a smile.

Liam smiled back because wow this kid was just so friendly.

Louis smiled merely because Harry was smiling again.

"Well," Liam said suddenly, "I believe you boys are due for a lunch break which you can take together today but usually you take them at separate times."

Louis and Harry looked cautiously at each other, both wanting the same thing but feeling almost too comfortable with each other. Too eager.

"Together then?" Liam questioned after the boys remained silent.

Harry nodded shyly and Louis smiled bright from that.

Liam just nodded, "alright, I'm sure Loona told you were to go, just be back in a half."

Louis and Harry took off to the break room (or back room as Loona had called it).

"Fuck!" Louis exclaimed , which startled Harry, "I'm exhausted." He threw himself into a chair and closed his eyes. But only for a second because he didn't actually want to sleep, not when Harry was sitting across from his and smiling so softly.

Harry wordlessly pulled out a lunch bag from the bag he had brought and hung on a hook earlier.

"Do you have a lunch?" Harry asked suddenly as he started to unwrap the sandwich he had made that morning. 

Louis frowned, upset with himself. He had been rushing around so much that morning that he had forgotten to pack a lunch. Now he was hungry and cranky and tired and he really didn't want to be like that to Harry of all people.

So he just shrugged.

Harry hummed in disapproval, he knew Louis had been ansty for awhile and snappy too. So he reached across the table and set down half of his sandwich in front of Louis. Not even saying anything.

Louis eyes the sandwich, confused by the generosity of Harry, it was just too nice. There had to be a catch.

"What's this?" Louis didn't mean to snap.

Harry didn't flinch though, he just swallowed the bit of sandwich he was chewing and told Louis, "it's your lunch. I would give you some apple slices too but I forgot to cut my apple this morning."

Louis was still suspicious and continued to stare at the food because he really was hungry and he really did want to eat it but he didn't want to be rude and he also didn't understand what Harry was doing. 

After a minute of Louis not making a move to eat the food Harry laughed lightly, "just eat the food Louis, it won't kill you."

And then Louis looked at Harry, and saw how round and wide his green eyes were, how innocent and sweet he was. It was like he was staring at a picture, Harry with a small smile that always reached his eyes, his eyes that were almost always covered by the abundance of curls on his head. It was enough for Louis to give in and start nearly inhaling th sandwich Harry had given him.\

And Harry just smiled happily.

-----

Idk what that ending was. 

I got a cramp in my leg and it really hurts

I just turned in the shittiest portfolio ever. Like it was really bad but I really didn't know what they wanted from me and tbh I don't really want to go to that college but whatever.

There's about a week til christmas. This year sucks. There's hardly any snow like usual and I still have to get so many gifts. Plus I have a closing shift tomorrow and I hope I'm not alone because I'm still fairly new and I have to get done on time or I'll hit compliance and then get in a shit ton of trouble.

I almost posted this story yesterday. I was in a 'fuck all of you bitches I do what I want' sort of mood. But then I humbled myself and did not publish. Thank god.

Each chapter has been getting progressively longer and Idk how to feel about it but It feels too awkward to end it early.

Anyways, I'm not making a lot of sense rn cause I'm feeling like I don't make a lot of sense so yeah.

-

J.L.