8

Third Person POV

"Fuck!" 

Louis' alarm had already went off three times and it took all three times for his brain to process what the alarm meant.

Work.

"Shit!"

He was so late.

Well not really but he felt like it.

Like five minutes late. Give or take a few.

But he still frantically rushed around his apartment, which resulted in a big mess. If he had gone slower he might have been on time.

But he got toothpaste on his jeans and nearly ripped out a shoelace as he was tying them up. He ran to work (thinking it would take too much time to call an uber) which it wasn't that far, but his hair was nowhere near presentable and he hadn't eaten anything. And he was really hoping he had remembered to lock up his apartment.

When Louis arrived at "It's Just an Espresso," he was 8  minutes late, out of breath, and cranky. 

So when he entered the shop, the natural aroma of coffee beans nearly gagged him and he looked around for Katie. But his day got worse as Loona greeted him.

"Lewis!" She exclaimed in her high, shrill voice. Her hair was pulled back, as it was required for the job, and she was dressed in an annoying shade of yellow that made him want to claw his eyes out. "Perfect timing, we were just heading to the back to get you both sorted!"

"I'm eight fucking minutes late," Louis mumbled to himself so that Loona didn't hear. 

Then he noticed the boy standing beside Loona, and he knew that curly hair anywhere. 

Harry.

He had to admit, the boy looked nice for his first day of work. Real mature and everything.

Louis smiled brightly at the lad, his cranky mood vanishing at the sight of the boy. He walked up to Loona and Harry and she started to lead them down a small hallway.

"Hi," Louis greeted softly.

Harry shyly looked at Louis, it was obvious he was nervous. Even though his face was quite relaxed his eyes were full of anxiety and his whole body just seemed tense.

"Hey, uh, Lewis?"

Louis flinched a bit, confused.

"Is it Lewis? I'm so sorry I've been saying it wrong this whole time," Harry looked sheepishly away from Louis. He felt guilty for not knowing how to say the boys name. 

Louis laughed, softly so that Loona wouldn't hear, "no no, you were saying it right all along. Loona here just won't listen when I try to correct her."

"That's cause she thinks you're hot and thinks she can woo you with her god awful voice," Harry mumbled bitterly. 

Louis couldn't help but laugh loudly and Loona turned to him. 

"You're laugh is quite funny," she said smiling like it was the nicest thing ever. Louis instantly stopped laughing.

Harry glared at her.

"Well!" Loona stopped walking, "here's the backroom room which is where we usually hang out during break and such. It's just a nice space to get away from the general public," Loona explains, "and it stores a lot of our products."

The backroom was actually quite large, but not very nice looking. The walls were covered with shelves full of coffee beans, syrups, sugars, and the likes. One wall was just fridges and freezers. The center of the room had a single oval table with chairs around it. There was a small corner that had a microwave and mini fridge as well as other things to satisfy the employees needs during break. 

Louis and Harry both wanted to avoid the room as much as possible. 

"Alright!" Loona was still cheery as ever and picked up to items of clothing from a hook. "Here are your aprons, which you must wear whenever you are working."

Louis frowned at the odd brown color of the apron but accepted it anyways, as Harry had seemed to already have his on.

"Right then," Loona said, gazing at Louis for a few seconds, "lets get to your training."

She led them out of the room and down another small hallway. There she opened a door that said 'staff only' and opened to behind the counter in the coffee shop. There was another boy working there who had hair similar to Harry's (although Louis thought it wasn't nearly as endearing as it was not as curly) he also seemed slightly taller but still young. 

"I'll be here for about half an hour longer so Liam here will be training you boys in for the day," Loona pointed to the boy working and smiled (mostly at Louis).

"Ok thank you," Harry said politely and Louis gritted his teeth to thank Loona as well, which she beamed at of course. Then she bounced away and the two boys were left with this 'Liam' who Louis was really hoping wasn't as annoying as Loona. 

Harry turned to Louis and smiled. Louis thought he was going to say something but Harry just stared at him smiling.

Louis cleared his throat, feeling the need to talk, "erm, she's quite something huh?" He said awkwardly.

Harry just nodded and Louis really wished the boy would speak but Harry didn't.

"Hi!"

Louis quickly turned away from Harry to look at Liam, who had just greeted them with a goofy grin on his face.

"Hi! How are you!" Harry greeted back.

"I'm good, thank you." Liam smiled brighter at Harry's kindness.

Louis just smiled at Liam.

"Well let's get started them, any questions before we work?" 

The two shook their heads.

"Alrighty then," Liam said clasping his hands together.

-------

I stopped it here cause I'm in a weird mood.

I really want to just break down but I have to keep it together.

To make it worse and more confusing I don't even know how to process Liam's live today. I was napping/avoiding during the live and when I got back into reality there were like five different trends on twitter that were related to the live. I WENT TO SWEDEN I'm very confused and concerned.

I just want peace.

-J.L.