6

Third Person POV

Harry was nervous. He started work the next day and it was making him stress out 'way more than should be considered possible' in Gemma's words.

But Gemma was gone for her own job, and Harry was left to his own devices.

He would've started his new job as soon as he got the job, but Katie had asked if it was okay if he waited a couple weeks as they had hired on someone else as well and thought it would be easier if they were trained in together.

'Less paperwork,' was what Katie had said, but Harry didn't understand how that could be. He didn't argue though, just politely agreed to her proposition and set about waiting for the two weeks to be over.

Which was way harder than he thought it would be.

It was nearing noon when he got a knock on his door -- Gemma's door really, as it was her flat.

He was in the middle of thinking of what to prepare for lunch and he had to get up from his comfortable position on the couch to see who it was.

Harry didn't recognize the lady standing on the other side of the door and he didn't know what to do. He thought about pretending he wasn't there. Then a lad spoke and he paused his plan, recognizing the voice.

"Mum no one is going to be home at this time, it's a week day," the boy whined, "I can just wait until later and ask someone myself."

The lady scoffed, "Louis you will never remember to do that."

Louis!

Harry knew Louis, maybe. If somehow the Louis in question was the same one he had spoken to at the coffee shop, but that was highly improbable, right? 

Except it wasn't. Because Harry knew that voice, the high teasing voice he had somehow memorized, and so he knew that this Louis was his Louis. 

So he swung open the door, startling both the lady and Louis.

Harry was delighted to find that it was 'his' Louis and the smile on his face proved it.

"Harry?" Louis gasped.

Jay frowned, "you know this boy Louis?"

Louis blushed heavily, "well erm, yeah I met him when I was in London last," he explained.

Harry nodded, "Yes he was very kind to me!" He cringed at the way he sounded and blushed because he wasn't quite sure why he was trying to help Louis' credibility. 

Jay smiled big, "Perfect!" She clapped her hands together, "this is like fate!" She turned to Harry, giving him a serious look in his eyes, "Louis just moved to London dear, and since you already know him I would feel a lot less worried if he had a friend to check up on him from time to time." She paused, taking in his appearance.

The boyish curls, printed pajama pants...she suddenly wondered how old this boy was. 

"Dear, do you live here by yourself?" She asked motherly, suddenly more concerned for this boy.

Harry shook his head, "My sister...she um...I live with her," He tried to explain, "she's just at work right now."

Jay nodded. 

"I erm..." Harry blushed, "I can do what you um, what you asked if you'd like." He struggled with words, "Or my sister! Whatever you'd like, um..."

Jay smiled softly, "you are quite sweet darling," she cooed, then she turned to Louis who was staring intently at Harry, trying to decide if he should comfort the boy or not. He was flustered and uncomfortable and Louis just wanted to help. 

"I would appreciate it, if you could just pop in to Louis' here and there to make sure he's still alive, if you're alright?" Jay asked cautiously, not wanted to rile the boy up further. 

Harry just nodded, not trusting his mouth to keep him away from embarrassment. 

"Lovely!" Jay said, "here's his flat number and cell." Jay handed over a piece of paper with the information on it.

"Mum!" Louis said harshly, not realizing that she had this at the ready.

Jay ignored her son, "Thank you so much...Harry was it?"

Harry nodded.

"I really appreciate it!" Jay smiled brightly and even stepped forward and suddenly engulfed Harry in a hug. He was too shocked to return it and instead just appreciated the warmth of her embrace. 

As Jay and Louis retreated from Harry's, they made their goodbyes short, Jay turned to her son. Louis was still slightly blushing from the whole ordeal and struggled to meet his mother's eyes.

"Louis?"

Louis nodded.

"You should watch for that boy, he seems like he needs someone."

----

Fuck I was supposed to go to bed. 

But I started another chapter like always.

then i was finishing said chapter.

I had an idea, what can I say...

whatever.

I'm going to bed for real now.

-J.L.