EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT:
THE BOOP

The adult — as much as they could be — members of the academy stared in shock as Five and a dog were thrown out of the portal

Five looked down at himself and swore, this was replied with a bark from the dog.

Jason started walking around smelling everything and then- peed on Ben's statue.

"Cookie! No!" Five shouted, ignoring his siblings.

The dog looked at him in the eye and peed some more.

"That's-" Five looked at Ben's statue, "you know what, continue."

Five looked away and Jason did his stuff.

After he was done he came and stood next to Five, who was looking at his siblings who were looking at him and the dog.

"Well let's go in."

Minutes later, the members of the umbrella academy and a dog could be found in the kitchen.

Luther had tried to stop the dog from entering saying something about dad not allowing pets in the academy.

Cookie Monster replied by trying to bite his-

Anyways, Luther has kept away from Cookie Monster since then.

Klaus was sitting on the table, still in his skirt. Allison was standing next to him with Vanya. On the other side of the table, Diego was sitting with Luther standing next to him.

"What's the date? The exact date." Five asked as he walked around the kitchen in his oversized suit, making two of his famous marshmallow sandwich.

"The 24th." Vanya gave him the date. Kinda.

"Of what?" Five asked again.

"March."

Five nodded his head. "Good."

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened? It's been 17 years."

Five scoffed. "It's been a lot longer than that."

Jason barked from somewhere behind Diego, he had found the marshmallows.

Five portal jumped behind Diego-making him jump- to get his marshmallows and then portal jumping again back to his unfinished sandwich.

"I haven't missed that," Diego said while watching five.

"Where'd you go?" Allison questioned.

"The future." Five answered simply. "It's shit, by the way."

"Called it!" Klaus said with a laugh and booped Jason on the nose when the dog came and looked at him. Jason licked his fingers before going to lay under the table.

"I should've listened to the old man.
You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." Five said and then paused to look at Klaus. "Nice dress."

"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus said almost shyly.

"Wait, how did you get back?" Luther asked the important question. Or well, to him.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five scienced.

"That makes no sense," Diego said with a look of absolute confusion.

"Well, it would if you were smarter." Was Five's snarky reply.

There was a sound under the table like a dog laughing.

Diego stood up to attack him but Luther held him back. But didn't sit down.

"How long were you there?" Vanya asked.

"Forty-five years. Give or take," he looked under the table and when he received a nod he nodded to his siblings.

"So what are you saying? That you're 58?" Luther asked.

"No, my consciousness is 58.
Apparently, my body is now 13 again." Five tried to explain the complicated things in a simple way.

"Wait, how does that even work?"  Allison questioned.

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh, Bet she's laughing now, Jason's certainly laughing." Five said and continued to make his sandwich.

"Where did that come from?" Diego said pointing at the dog with his head.

Jason growled at the ignorant human and walked under the table to stand in front of Five and sniffed the sandwich.

Gosh, he really wanted it.

While Five was busy fighting with his siblings, Jason very discreetly took the sandwich and then ran away.

The kitchen became quiet.

Five took the other sandwich and started eating, "he always does that. I told him to stop but he told me to fuck off and then started singing Who Let The Dogs Out."

The siblings —beside Klaus who was busy eating stray marshmallows— looked at Five like he had lost his mind.

Five left the kitchen and went to find his boyfriend.

—𖧷—
Hi!
How are you guys?! Hope you're all doing well and staying safe! ❤️
Back from a break and ready to go back into the chaos!