NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
THE NUTELLA

Jason was having a nice dream

Jason was having a nice dream. He was dreaming about the dog park he saw yesterday while wandering around looking for his stupider half. He saw himself running with the dogs, Bethy was there, with Marty and Kitty. Look! An enormous chocolate cake--

Slam!

The slamming of the door woke him up suddenly.

"what--" Jason looked around and saw they'd stopped at a house.

Is there a party going on in the house or?

"Be careful," Allison said from outside the car, where she, Diego, and Five were standing and had rudely left him in the car to be kidnapped by any passersby, "We don't know what Peabody's capable of."

"Not a time machine, that's for sure," Jason huffed as he got out of the car and joined the others on the pavement.

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous the first time I saw him," Diego brushed off her concern and walked up to the porch.

"We should steal his packages, become porch pirates."

"Why?"

"I always wanted to be a pirate."

"You get seasick."

"No sea on porches."

Diego had mastered ignoring the two bickering and having useless conversations —rude, every convo they've had was important!— but Allison who was new to them together gave them a strange look.

"Looked kinda scrawny," Diego said after a moment.

"Yeah, and so do serial killers and mass murderers, look at them," Allison gestured at Five and Jason.

"Thanks," Five said without any emotion while Jason grinned widely.

"Good point," Diego agreed, "So what this guy wants from Vanya?"

"I don't know," Five said and followed Diego up to the door with Jason behind him, "How about we ask him after we kill him?"

"What a splendid idea!"

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Diego said and held up a hand, "I'm gonna burst through-" He turned to see only Five and Jason.

"You know what?" He said to Five, "It would be nice for people to stick to-"

Five portaled away, leaving only a grinning Jason and an annoyed Diego.

"-The plan. Great."

Diego got ready and jumped through the window of the door.

"Whoo! Go Diego, Go!"

Allison and Five joined him.

"Subtle," Allison sounded amused. She was amused. so was everybody else. Even the neighbor who was watching from his window.