SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN:
THE KNIGHTS

The commission was not how Jason imagined a commission that its job was to keep the timeline going

It was not very... time-y.

Jason expected some doctor who shit. Aliens attacking, some big old time-traveling machine, cool guns and you know, cool stuff in general.

What he got was not that.

At all.

The commission seemed to be this normal office that specialized in time and that was boring as hell.

Also, he was now considered an elderly and his body seemed to be jamming to that.

Lift a brow? The back goes crack.
Lift a finger? The back goes crack.

His body was not as young as it used to be. All those years of sleeping on rubble were catching up to him and where could he get a massage? Where the fuck was Five when you needed him? This was an emergency!

Jason was sitting down next to Vender, a young lady who also worked in the commission and Jason usually interrupted her working with teas and biscuits and stories of old times.

This was a serious matter, how dare you mock Jason?

(At this point I don't know if I'm talking, Jason's talking, who we talking at — me or you guys — and tf is going on?)

As Jason was finishing re-telling the story of how he once caught a fish with a human head sticking out of his mouth, Five marched up to them and rested a hand on Jason's shoulder to alert him of his presence.

Not that Jason needed that, he was an amazing assassin for a reason and if he couldn't tell the grandpa from up was coming from behind him... then he was a shitty assassin which we established he wasn't. He was amazing.

Jason turned around and looked at Five with a grin, "Fiorello!" *

Five smiled, "Jay ."

"How nice of you to join us! I was just telling V over here about the goldfish and the head!"

"Yes I heard, it was truly disgusting."

"You say disgusting I hear fascinating."

"We need to see a doctor for your ear then dear, I think you might be going deaf in your old age."

Vender giggled. The two were known for their bickering around the commission — and also their kill count — and it was always fun to witness how the two acted around each other.

Jason gasped pretending to be offended, "and here I thought we had something."

"A doctor, in general, might be a good idea, memory loss is bad for business."

A couple of people around them either laughed or sighed at the couple.

Five grabbed Jason's arm and pulled him with him, "I've been looking for you for hours!"

"You know I'm always around here when I'm not on an assignment."

"Yeah, you're always with one of the younglings you've adopted."

"I haven't adopted anyone-"

"Hey, dad!" A passerby agent shouted making a couple of other people greet the old man as well.

"Good morning Carmen!" He paused before turning to face a smug Five, "That doesn't count."

"Hey, pa!"

Five was getting smugger as they passed agent after agent and most of them called Jason a synonym of dad.

"Okay, so that was that-"

"Grandpa!"

They turned to face Magnus, a 21-year-old agent who smiled sheepishly at them, "I wanted to try something new."

Jason gave him the dad look making him run away.

Five laughed before taking Jason's hand again and wooshing them to his room.

"Jay," Five said seriously, "I'm going to be sent to JFK's assassination, and I want you to be there."

Jason frowned, "why?"

Five looked around like the paranoid old man that he was, "I'm close to solving the equation."

Jason's eyes widened, "Woah!"

"And I want you there so we can go back as soon as we can."

"Yeah yeah," Jason ran a hand through his short white hair, "Yeah I'll be there."

Five smiled, "good."

—𖧷—

And that's how Jason — in dog form— and Five found themselves standing over the portal. They could see some people on the other side and then suddenly— a fire extinguisher was thrown out of the portal?

What?

Jason looked at Five and with a nod, they both stepped into the portal.

Plonk!

That was the sound of them landing on the ground.

"Does anyone else see little number Five, or is it just me?"

Five groaned and looked down at himself, he was no back in his 13-year-old body.

Jason would catcall but he was a dog.

"Shit."

Jason barked in agreement.

Shit indeed.

—𖧷—

Fiorello - little flower

HOW WE FEELING?