TEN

CHAPTER TEN:
THE COFFEE

When Jason woke up, he was hangover

When Jason woke up, he was hangover. Years of drinking without any real consequence made it so his tolerance for alcohol was high and his hangovers weren't as severe as they should've been. But he still had hangovers. And he didn't like them.

So that's how he found himself in his dog form — not ready for the big reveal — hangover and laying on the table near Klaus, who was absentmindedly petting him while his other hand held a guitar.

"Where's Vanya?" Allison, who Jason has come to know is a big Hollywood star, said as she entered the kitchen.

"Oh, she's gone," Klaus said and booped his nose and then resumed his petting.

Five stopped his search for decent coffee, "that's unfortunate."

"Yeah." Allison agreed.

"An entire square block, 42 bedrooms 19 bathrooms but not a single drop of coffee," Five finished his earlier sentence, looking Allison straight in the eye.

Jason lifted his head and whined, which translated into something like 'dude! You're rich!'

Klaus hummed, "I guess."

Jason looked at Klaus weirdly, does he speak dog?

"Dad hated caffeine."

"Well he hated children too and he had plenty of us!" Klaus set his guitar aside and tugged on Jason until he was in the human's arm, being held tight.

Jason felt content and closed his eyes, willing his hangover to leave him alone.

He wished he could pepper spray hangover.

Five looked at him, not impressed with how comfortable he was being with his brother but then rolled his eyes and gave him a quick pat and received a small lick.

Allison looked between them.

Five sighed before looking at Jason, "come one, we're taking the car."

Klaus opened his arms so Jason could jump on the floor and follow Five, "where are you going?"

"To get a decent cup of coffee," he said it like it was a very known fact, and whoever didn't know it was stupid, — like not knowing the earth went around the sun.

"Do you even know how to drive?" Allison asked skeptically.

"I know how to do everything, besides I'm not driving, Jason is," he said before he opened a portal for himself and Jason, who followed happily.

Klaus stood up, "I feel like we should stop them, I don't think it's wise to let a dog drive. But then again I kinda wanna see what happens."

They heard a car starting and Five's sarcastic comment, "I see you remember how to turn on a car!"