Epilogue 1

I didn't want to open my eyes

The world I left was so chaotic, destruction filled, and the world of unconsciousness that I was stuck in was peaceful. So, so utterly peaceful.

I was alive. That much I knew.

My body felt paralyzed. I couldn't open my eyes, or scratch the itch on the back of my neck that was driving me crazy. I couldn't do anything except breathe.

I didn't know where I was, or who saved me. Was it Loki? Possibly. Was it a Hydra hunter that tracked me down and brought me back to captivity? Back to be reprogrammed like a robot? I sure hoped not.

But I had no way of knowing.

I heard muffled voices. They sounded as if they were at the end of a tunnel, and I couldn't tell who they belonged to.

I focused harder, as hard as my foggy mind would allow, and I started to make out words.

"-be waking up shortly my Prince. Give her ti... -won't be used to her new body." It was a female's voice, one I thought that maybe I've heard before, but I couldn't tell.

Then I heard a voice that I knew by heart. It was like music to my ears and water to my soul. When I heard his voice, I knew I was safe. I knew I wasn't in some lab in Russia or basement in Macedonia. I was safe. And that's all that mattered. "Bring the dog in." Loki said authoritatively.

"Your highness, with all due respect-" the female began, but was quickly cut off.

"Do it." Loki barked.

No more words were said. There were some shuffling and stepping noises, and then I heard a door shut.

The dog. That sounded so familiar. Do I have a dog? I do! Koda! Is he here?

I tried to open my eyes, but I still couldn't. I could move my vocal chords though, and somewhat move my mouth, so I tried ever so hard to make a sound.

"Lo-" my voice gave out before I could finish the word, but it was enough. I heard scurrying and felt a hand take mine, Loki's hand.

"It's alright Lex. Your alright. Just take your time." I was able to feel my fingers then, just a bit, but enough to curl them around his. I felt him place his other hand on the side of my neck, and stroke my cheek with his thumb. Somehow, that sensation helped pull my mind back into reality, I reconnected with my body and regained the ability to move. Slowly, I opened my eyes.

Loki was sitting on the bed beside me, he wore simple Asgardian clothes; a green tunic, and black pants. Am I on Asgard?

"Don't try to move too quickly. You're not used to your new strength." Loki said quietly. It was as if he was worried about my reaction to something, and wanted to ease me into some kind of truth, but before I could ask, the door opened again, and I heard the scampering sound of claws on hard floors. "Your dog's been anxious to see you I'm sure." Loki said, the corner of his mouth turning up.