Chapter 15

"Loki

"Loki. Open the door." Loki looked back to me with wide eyes. He obviously knew who the voice belonged to, and wasn't thrilled by their presence. "I would do it myself but I don't know how."

Loki stood there, mouth agape, seemingly at a loss. It was I who finally spoke up, deciding to not anger the voice at the door any further. "Pull the cord." A few seconds later the board that held my wooden door closed was lifted from the outside and the door swung inward.

The man that stood in the doorway was dressed very similarly to the way Loki was dressed when he arrived. The stranger's armor was silver and grey with a few red accents and a flowing red cape behind him. His physical appearance was much different than Loki's however. This man was bulkier...and blonder.

"Thor. What a pleasant surprise." Loki's voice showed no emotion. He was analyzing the situation. I recognized the name as Loki's adoptive brother, which meant SHIELD had found us.

"Enough with the niceties. You know why I'm here." Loki stood a little taller then, in a confrontational manner. He wasn't backing down without a fight.

"If you think I'll go willingly you're a bigger oaf than I thought you were."

"Look." Thor said seriously. "We've got you surrounded. There's no getting out. If I don't bring you out peacefully they'll lay waste to this whole area before you'd even have the chance to run. If I hadn't plead with them to let me speak with you, they'd have already done it. I'm the only one that wants to see you walk out of this alive."

Loki still stood in front of me defensively, but it was clear he was thinking very carefully. "And once you have me, what of her?" He motioned to me, and Thor turned his gaze to look at me.

"Our quarrel isn't with her." Thor answered.

"You're a terrible liar. You always have been." Loki's voice was growing lower and more defensive. The tension was rising rapidly. I could tell Thor was deliberating his next move. Koda, who had been assessing the situation, realized that I felt uneasy and came to my side, ready once again to defend me at all cost.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." Thor said, looking between the both of us.

"I prefer the easy way, where we kill you here, and neither of us go back to SHIELD." I threatened. Of course I didn't want to actually kill Thor, neither did Loki I don't think, but if it came down to it, I would do anything to avoid being taken.

"Very well then." Thor said and held out his hand and Loki threw himself at his brother, effectively shoving him out the door and into the blinding snowstorm.

Thor threw Loki off him, and scrambled to his feet. The fight was on. Thor was strong and powerful, but Loki was quick and nimble. When Thor swung his hammer (which flew suddenly into his hand) Loki dodged Thor's attacks and struck when he wasn't expecting it. They were equally matched with one another, and I would have interfered to help Loki, but Thor wasn't the only one there.