Chapter 25

Hey y'all!! So first of all, I'd just love to take a moment to thank yall for getting FF up to 1K+ reads!!! Seriously you guys, THANK YOU

Hey y'all!! So first of all, I'd just love to take a moment to thank yall for getting FF up to 1K+ reads!!! Seriously you guys, THANK YOU. When I started writing this story I never thought more than one or two people would have any interest in it. I literally started writing during the shutdown because I was bored out of my mind and needed something to do while I was trapped in isolation (I guess I felt like Lex in a way). And now I'm falling more in love with y'all, and FF every day and it's really all because of your support and following.

Second order of business, this is the chapter that I accidentally published ahead of time and took down a few hours later. If you were one of the few people that read it, I encourage you to read through again as I added a ton at the end and changed a few things. Enjoy!!

*************

"Allfather, members of the council, Loki Laufeyson claims he was taken control of by the Mind Stone and was not therefore competent to control his physical actions or thoughts. My client pleads guilty by reason of insanity."

There was an uproar in the audience.

I sat with Frigga and Thor on the side of the room watching Loki's trial commence. It was very clear that his defense counsel wasn't putting much effort into actually doing thier job, as I suspected would be the case. They wanted Loki convicted and punished just as much as everyone else did.

And I was furious for it.

Asgardian trials were conducted very differently than Earth's. On Asgard, the defendant had two defense attorneys and instead of the prosecution, the whole council was allowed to ask questions and make comments of thier own opinions. Odin was basically the judge, and made the final decision, but the council got to present thier judgement as the people's opinion.

Loki was bound in chains from his ankles to his neck, and the chain between his ankles was locked onto an iron loop in the floor so he couldn't move.

Heimdall was there as a lie detector and as a witness. I was a witness too, and so was Frigga. Loki was asked to tell his version of what happened since the day of Thor's coronation (apparently that's how far back his crime list went, and that was before he was made subject to the Mind Stone).

The forty or fifty counsel members were made up of heads of households from the general public. They roasted Loki by asking leading question after leading question, and his supposed defense did nothing to stop it.

Loki was basically left to defend himself.

"Isn't it true that you smuggled frost giant soldiers into Asgard on the day of Thor's coronation?"

"Yes."

"And isn't it true that you urged Thor to lay waste to Jotenheim after said incident?"