Chapter 30

I was with Jane, Frigga, and Thor when it happened

Frigga and I were making our way back to the palace after my meditation session, when we ran into Thor and Jane. I'm pretty sure they were making out when we stumbled upon them but who knows really.

Over the last few days, I'd spent a lot of time with Jane, and we were getting closer. I had to sit with her several times a day to drain the extra energy from her body so the extra stress didn't kill her.

It was like opening the floodgates to save a dam.

During those times we had nothing else to do besides talk. She told me all about the deserts of New Mexico, and I told her about the freedom of Alaska.

She was mesmerized by my inhuman abilities. Of course, the first thing she wanted to do, being a scientist, was to find out everything she could about me, and she even asked if she could take a blood sample, to which I replied, "I've been poked and prodded way more than my fare share in life." She took the hint and eased off after that.

Nevertheless, asking questions seemed to be a part of her that just wouldn't turn off. Every four seconds she'd ask another question. 'Do your muscles clench up when you bring electricity through your body? Do you have any extra organs that correspond with your abilities? Do you have to sleep or can you just live on energy?' And the list went on. It wasn't like I was annoyed by her or anything. It was human nature to be curious, but I was certainly glad that I had Frigga to split my time with.

In our session today she wanted to explore the theory that I could use my abilities to see the world around me. And no, not with my eyes.

"If you can stay aware of the world around you without having to see it, that would give you a huge advantage in many scenarios." She tried to encourage me, but I was skeptical.

"Well sure, that would be great. And I know fully well what you're saying, but I literally have no idea how to even begin learning how to do that."

"Take off your shoes." She suddenly said.

"Wait, what?"

"You'll be able to connect to the world easier without your shoes in the way." She said confidently. I decided to just do as she said, even though I lacked confidence in the matter.

"Okay. I'm barefoot. What now?" 

She gave a mischievous smirk, just like Loki's, and said, "Now I'm going to blind you." She extended her hand towards my face and needles to say, I freaked out a little bit when a blackness took over my vision. "WAIT WHA-?"

"It's not permanent, but it is for now." I tried blinking and shaking my head, but to no avail. I couldn't see. "Now, I created a ball of magic energy a ways ahead of you. Can you feel it?"

I closed my eyes (even though it changed nothing) and replied. "Yeah. I feel it. It's just standard raw energy."

"Good. Now I want you to walk towards it, but it's up to you to avoid all the obstacles in between you, and the point of arrival. I believe you can do it. You just have to believe in yourself too."