Sequel Teaser

Hey y'all! I just saw that Final Frontier reached 6K reads, so as a way of thanking y'all, here is the first little bit of the sequel, otherwise titled, "Last Legacy".

I've been working on it nonstop since I finished FF, but I'm also headed out on a 2,000 mile hike soon, so progress will be slow. Once I have enough chapters finished I'll start uploading it regularly like I did this one.

Again, thank y'all so much for reading!

~Last Legacy Preview~

The ceremony was quiet, if you could even call it that.

There were no groomsmen, no bridesmaids. No crowds of people congratulating us. There was no reception, or rehearsal for that matter. It was just me, Loki, and our witness, Steve Rogers.

Loki concealed our true identities to the eyes of the local Judge. We didn't want to raise any suspicion to warrant curious glances.

We drove the car that Steve apparently brought with him east to Fairbanks, where they had an actual courthouse with an actual Judge. The Judge was older, maybe in his late fifties, and didn't even wear a robe. He was dressed in a dark red flannel shirt and blue jeans.

Typical Alaska.

Loki held my hands in his as he gazed into my eyes. They were warm, and full of adoration, but behind the love in his eyes was sadness. He was elated to be here, in this moment, with me, but he dreaded what he knew would come after.

The Judge smiled as he looked between Loki and I. "Repeat after me." Loki nodded. "I, Luke Addison,"

"I, Loki Odinson." Loki said. Of course the judge would've heard his fake name, but I heard his real one, and smiled even wider.

"-take thee, Alexis Ryder,"

"Take thee, Lex," Loki smiled at saying my name. He knew I didn't like being called by my full name.

"-to be my lawfully wedded wife."

"To be my lawfully wedded wife."

"-to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse." Loki repeated every word. "For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as we both shall live."

"For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as we both shall live."

The Judge nodded and turned to me next. I must've looked a mess. I hadn't slept much at all the night before when Steve showed up at our doorstep, and I was crying. I had so many emotions screaming at me in my head. Fear of the task Steve and I were about to take on, sadness at the fact that I was about to leave my best friend, and pure joy, because well, I was marrying him.

"Repeat after me miss." I nodded. "I, Alexis Ryder,"

"I, Lex," I said, once again using my nickname. The Judge smiled and shook his head, continuing with the vows until I repeated the last lines. "-take thee, Loki Odinson to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as we both shall live."

"Does the witness approve of this union?" He suddenly asked Steve, who stood there awkwardly.

Steve wouldn't meet Loki's eyes, but he met mine, with a look that was almost condescending. Of course he didn't approve. Loki invaded his city. "I don't approve of it, but I guess I'll allow it." He said, the ghost of a smile grazing his face.

I smiled back.

"Do you, Luke, take this woman to be your wife?"

"I most certainly do." Loki said, his smile glowing with joy. I tried to memorize that look.

"Do you, Lex, take this man to be your husband?"

I nodded, my eyes tearing up. "Yeah. Yeah, I do."

"Who's got the rings?" The Judge asked.

It was then that I started to panic. The rings? I didn't even think of that!

Luckily, Loki did.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out two silver bands. My eyes popped open and I sucked in a breath. "Loki!" I exclaimed. "Where on Earth did you get these?"

"That's for me to know, and for you to wonder about." Dang Loki and his mind games. I was going to miss him.

He took my hand and slid one onto my ring finger. I looked it over and my eyes widened even more. Rather than embedded jewels or inscriptions, it had mountains etched into it. They looked just like the mountains behind my cabin.

"Loki," I said looking up to him. "It's perfect."

He smiled. "I'm so glad you like it." He handed me his, which also had mountains on it, and I slid it onto his finger.

"With the power invested in me by this pitifully small town, I now pronounce you, man and wife." The Judge smiled and looked between us before turning back to Loki. "Well don't wait son. Kiss her already."

He did just that.

After he pulled away, he took my hand again, and lead me towards the doorway. We were finished here.

But the next challenge in my life was only just beginning.

~To Be Continued~