Chapter 24

The days dragged by, and I slowly got used to my new routine

I woke up, ate breakfast, trained with Sif, ate lunch, took Koda out for some free time, visited Loki, ate dinner, and slept.

That was it.

I was getting more familiar with the layout of the palace, which was nice, because having to always ask for directions was totally humiliating.

I got to know Sif and the warriors three a little better too. Hogun was probably my favorite. He was quite, but always pondered his words before spilling them. He was the only one, I think, that had any real respect for me. He didn't look down on me for being a mortal, and respected my fighting skills for what they were worth.

Fandral and Volstagg were kind...almost too kind. In thier eyes I was still just some fragile fair maiden who came to Asgard for protection. It was kinda somewhat true, but still demeaning nonetheless. I wonder how Sif grew above the female stereotype?

Oh yes, and then there was Sif, who hated my guts and made my life miserable however she could without making it apparent to the others. She didn't speak to me unless absolutely necessary, like to give me an order or tell me how to do something better.

I was improving in hand to hand combat again though. My muscle memory was returning quickly, like a machine that sat rusting for years and just needed some oil to get working again. Sure I wasn't as strong as the Asgardians, but I compensated for it by being quick, smart, and resourceful.

Every time Sif corrected my technique in some stupid way, I took her down to emphasize my point.

I can fight, and I'm a lot more capable than she gave me credit for.

Of course the more I disobeyed her and fought in my own way, the more she grew to dislike me.

I hadn't worked much with my inhuman abilities. I wasn't sure why. It was as if it just got put on the back burner or something. They were never mentioned, and it seemed like it was forgotten about.

Or maybe they wanted to break me into the perfect soldier and then worry about my powers later, after I proved myself as thier loyal circus dog. I didn't know. But I kept repeating the words I told Loki several days ago about reacting and responding. I could let myself get upset at my current situation...that I couldn't change right now, or I could accept my situation, and make the best out of it that I could.

And that's what I was pondering as I played fetch with Koda in the huge field just behind the palace. I threw the stick as far as my arm would allow and Koda bolted after it with the speed and strength of a cheetah.

The grass was so tall that he had to bound through it and it made my heart burst with happiness to see him so joyful and free, outside in his element. I squatted down to take the stick back but was confused when he completely ran passed me. I turned around to see what Koda was running towards, and was surprised to see Frigga standing there in all her glory and grace with her dress billowing in the breeze.