The Kiss

AN: I know it's been a long time since I last updated. I'm sorry. I've had schoolwork to do and I've been doing stuff over the holidays. If there is any point when I'm not updating a select story, feel free to check out my other stories. Hera might be a little OOC later in the chapter.

Percy's POV

—Time Skip-One Month Since the Last Chapter—

I was talking with Hera inside a cave I had found. None of my friends ever knew we were there. We had become pretty good friends.

"Apparently, Annabeth wants to be my girlfriend again. She's so annoying." I told Hera. Her expression stiffened and I could see a flare of jealousy in her eyes. There was a moment of silence.

There was one movement after another, but suddenly we were kissing. It felt like I was in heaven. We quickly pulled away, surprised by our actions. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Please don't smite me." I blurted out cowering into the sand.

Hera was beet red. "I- I have to go to a council meeting. Zeus requested me." She stuttered. Within the matter of five seconds, they were kissing, and then Hera had flashed away.

"Please, please don't let this mistake be the end of my friendship. I beg you." I whispered, praying to all the gods besides Hera and Zeus.

I ran back to my cabin, mad at myself. "How could I have been this dumb?!" I yelled at myself. I jumped on my bed and buried my face in a pillow. I started sobbing my eyes out, wishing that Hera wouldn't hate me. Or kill me for that matter.

After a couple hours, I had to go to dinner. I walked and sat down and sat at my table.

Annabeth passed by. "Are you having a tough day, Seaweed Brain?" she asked coming close to me.

"I'm fine. Get away from me." I said, pushing her back.

"I'm sure I could make it better, honey." Annabeth replied, winking.

"For the love of Hera, get away from me!" I shouted. She looked confused.

"Hera?"

"I've had enough." I said, running away into the cave. I sat there and grabbed a rock that fit in the palm of my hand. I pulled the pen out of my pocket and clicked it, transforming into a sword. Every single time was the same, but it felt mystical every single time. Just as I was about to begin sharpening my sword, I noticed something on the helm.

A name was engraved into it. It was just where I had carved in Annnabeth's name, but it said Hera. I shook my head and started sharpening, thinking I must be hallucinating or something of that sort. Maybe Zeus poisoned me

"Hi, Percy." a voice greeted. I swiveled my head around, recognizing that voice anywhere. The Queen of The Heaven's appeared from outside the entrance.

"You came back?!" I questioned, puzzled. "Even after the k- ki

"Who said I didn't like it?" Hera teased.

I blushed and put my head in my hands. "I'm sorry for leaving earlier. I thought it was just embarrassing, that's all. I didn't want to hurt your feelings, or anything. Also, don't say anything about my choice of make-up."

"I would never!" I joked, stretching my voice out dramatically.

Hera laughed. "Good to know. Also, don't feel like your not important. Just because a dumb girl cheated on you, doesn't mean your not worth anything. Let me tell you, with the way she flirts, she's gonna regret that decision for the rest of her life." she said seriously.

I contemplated this. "Is it possible she likes me?!" my thoughts wondered.

"I have some godly domains to attend to. Not kidding this time. I think Ares is going to confront me about Aphrodite's marriage again. He does it every week. Also, remember the things I told you. Have confidence." Hera said. She pecked my cheek and left the cave.

I put my hand on my cheek and thought the same thing that I was going to keep thinking until I next saw her. While I slept, ate, showered, fought, learned, I couldn't escape it. "I like her a lot, but does she like me back?

Word Count: 713