I Thought You Hated Me, Guess I Was Wrong

Third Person POV:

Percy stormed to the beach thinking, "Is this what it feels like to be cheated on?"

He sat by the water, enough so the waves rolled up on his ankles. He gently let out a sob that quickly increased into a meltdown. Never did Percy Jackson think he would cry over a girl.

Hera walked down the beach, about 10 paces behind him and sat down. She reached into her purse and handed him a tissue.

"I thought you hated me. Why are you here milady Hera?" Percy asked the Queen of the Heavens while blowing his nose.

"I do not hate you. I think you are actually quite talented. At first I hated you because you were the offspring of an god not being faithful, but then I realized that it is not your fault. I kidnapped you because it was the only way to unite the two camps. I also know what it feels like to be cheated on. Also, just call me Hera. I dislike formalities." Hera responded in detail.

"Oh." Percy said, while contemplating all that she had said. Percy noticed her eyes and slowly started to fall into a state of hypnosis. "No, Percy. Snap out of it. She is married to Zeus." he scolded himself. But Percy could not focus. He kept feeling that he was not in a state of control, as if his brain was two steps behind his body.

"The Goddess' Charm." Percy thought. "Ann-She told me about it. Every goddess has a certain charm that people will either die or fall in love before. Lady Phlegethon has one of evil and people such as Aphrodite have ones such as love and hypnosis. Just as Chiron told me it took a true warrior to resist an empousa's charm, it is the same for a goddesses."

"Percy? Percy?" Hera said, prompting Percy to come back to reality. Hera raised her eyebrow as she stared down at the son of Poseidon.

"Sorry, just thinking." Percy replied, his face flushed red from the embarrassment.

"I need to attend to some duties, but I hope I see you again, demigod. Your personality stands out amongst the mythological world and is quite interesting." Hera stated before exiting the beach by flashing away.

After Percy opened his eyes, he thought about what Hera said. "Your personality stands out amongst the mythological world and is quite interesting." Percy repeated in his head.

The tides rose and sea foam covered his forearms. The raging wind blew his hair to the back of his head. For some reason, leaving Annabeth felt like Percy was free from a prison. Like he was able to start a new life. "It is better to leave her sooner then later. Imagine wasting another 3 years of my life with that cheater." Percy thought.

Percy's mom had always told and taught him to be a gentleman. Sally always would say "a good person is able to have one relationship per lifetime."

"After the Giant War, I thought that I would marry her." Percy whispered out to the sea, his homeland. "This is the start of a new life for me. A new arc."

Word Count: 532