12 ; dresses

━━━━━♕━━━━━

━━━━━♕━━━━━

Lily Luna Potter watched as the owl flew in, she automatically recognized it as the Potter's family owl. It swooped in dropping a brown box where Lily was seated. As she took a closer look she realized the package was for not only her, but Ivy as well. Lily turned around looking for Ivy, so they could open the package together.

She soon found Ivy seated at the Ravenclaw table with her older brother and cousin. "Ivy!" Lily called out attempting to get her attention from across the Great Hall. "There's a package for you and me."

Ivy looked up from her book wondering who had shouted her name. Luckily she soon spotted Lily waving her hand signaling her to go to the Gryffindor table. Ivy gave Lily a quick thumbs up before making her way towards where she was seated. As she got closer she noticed the big brown box Lily had placed in front of her, which had Lily's and Ivy's name signed at the top. She automatically recognized it as Harry Potter's handwriting considering it wasn't the best, and you could barely read the words.

"What is it?" Ivy questioned taking a closer look at the box. "I don't remember your mom saying anything about upcoming packages."

Lily replied with a shrug. "They haven't told me anything either, I'm just as clueless as you are." Lily finished.

Becoming impatient Lily soon grabbed the knife that was placed on top of her plate, she began to carefully tear the tape from each side. She excitedly opened the package revealing two dresses. Ivy gasped realizing they had bought dresses for both Lily and herself, but the smile soon faded once she realized they had found out James would be her date to the ball. She had hoped they wouldn't find out, but considering the family had so many friends here at Hogwarts it was inevitable.

Lily pulled out the dresses revealing a red one with an off the shoulder top, and a blue one with sleeves. "This one has your name on the tag." Lily said handing her the red dress. Ivy was in awe of how beautiful the dress was. "Oh look there's a letter from my grandma." Lily said with a smirk knowing what Molly had to say.

Ivy hesitantly took a hold of the letter ripping its seal. "Do I have to read this." Ivy groaned embarrassed of what the letter might contain inside.

"Yes Ivy, in fact you should be thankful she didn't send a howler." Lily chuckled.

"She's too busy planning the party." Ivy replied before continuing on to read the letter from Molly.

Dear, Ivy Blane (future Potter)

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT DEAR! Everyone doubted me you know, but I always knew the two of you were meant to be. As soon as I saw you set his broom on fire the first time you came for Christmas I was sure you two would bring me more grand babies. You two laughed at me for making wedding plans, but instead you should be thanking me for making your future easier. I already celebrated with Ginny and Harry, I won five galleons from a bet with Harry and I had made years ago. He didn't think the two of you would ever become a couple, I swear boys are so clueless all the signs were there! Now I know you're probably saying 'James and I are not a couple', but this is the first step. Don't worry dear I have it all mapped out! Don't forget if you ever need to owl me for a question, or if I need to send James a screaming howler I have all the time in the world. Also Ginny says hello, and hopes Lily and you love the dress. Also tell Lily to actually read the letters we send her.