27 ; impossible

━━━━━♕━━━━━

━━━━━♕━━━━━

"James, please hear me out," Ivy begged as she tried her best to keep up with the stubborn Gryffindor. Ever since her conversation with Albus, she had been building up the courage to confront, James. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to be taking it too well - he refused to hear what she had to say.

"Lennon, I thought you believed in me," James said stopping to turn towards the Ravenclaw. "You're the only person who has recently told me they believed I could win, but now you're coming up with excuses such as a mystery lady! Do you believe I am that daft?" He said with a hurtful look on his face.

Ivy's face softened as she looked closer at the boy, she knew it wasn't like James to show his feelings, but he seemed to be on the verge of tears. The last thing she had wanted was to hurt him, but she couldn't seem to get it through his thick skull that he was endangered.

Ivy had recently ventured towards the restroom where Myrtle lived, the ghost informed her that the woman still roamed the halls. She tried her best to catch the culprit, but she always seemed two steps ahead. No matter how hard she tried, and no matter how long she stayed awake, she couldn't catch a glimpse of the figure. At one point she began to believe the ghost was filling her head with lies, but she couldn't afford to take that risk. Deep down, Ivy knew someone was bound to get hurt, and that was the last thing she wanted for any of the contestants.

One evening she had decided that she had enough with the hide and seek, she gained the courage to talk to the Headmistress before she could change her mind. Ivy began to explain the situation with Myrtle, and even told her about the talking snakes. McGonagall had been caring towards the girl since she was eleven, it felt right telling her everything. Unfortunately, she didn't get the response she was hoping for, in fact, she got the quite opposite. The Headmistress told her it was simply in her head, and that there was no trace of Salazar Slytherin in her blood, nor could a lady be wandering around with the high security that surrounded the castle. It was just impossible.

Even though McGonagall informed her not to worry, she still did. The whole tournament was ridiculous, and there was no point in risking the lives of three teenagers.

"James, of course, I believe in you!" Ivy exclaimed taking one of his hands into her own, intertwining their fingers together. "But, you could not tell me you don't have a bad feeling about the event. Something is going to go wrong, James, and I don't want you caught up in the middle. Imagine what will happen to your family if you get hurt, please think of something other than the Potter name. Your father has gone through so much, so you wouldn't go through what he did." Ivy said informing the boy of his father's rough life. "You've been given a loving home, James, not many people are lucky enough. Don't take it for granted."

"Lennon, the competition is tomorrow, and I'm going into that maze whether you like it or not. I trained all year for the tasks, I battled a bloody dragon, I'm not dropping out because you claim Myrtle saw a mystery woman. Lennon, that ghost comes up with the craziest ideas! For all we know, she's just making it up." James exclaimed trying to reason with the girl, but she didn't seem to be taking it lightly.