A Change Of Heart

Time skip to lunch

(Y/N P.O.V)

I was standing in the line to get lunch. I looked over towards a different part of the line and saw Tommy talking with his friends. Even through he said I didn't owe him, I still felt I did. Plus, I didn't want to sit with my normal friend group seeing as Freddy was going to be there. I had told Ali of the situation and told her what I had planned to ask Tommy. She was fine with it. She said, she'd rather me be comfortable than uncomfortable. That was one thing I loved about Ali, she was so understanding.

I walked over to him and stood next to him.

"Hey." He said to me.

"Hi." I said back smiling.

"You okay? I don't think you've ever smiled at me before." He said chuckling. I laughed too.

"Well....I was wondering, if it's alright with you.....if I could sit with you guys today?" I said. All five boys stopped moving and Dutch nudged Tommy in the arm. Tommy was frozen, he didn't move, just stared at me.

"Uh, Tommy?" I said confused.

"Yes! Yes. Yes, you can sit with us." He said to me. I nodded slightly and sat down in between Johnny and Tommy. They weren't too bad actually. When they weren't acting like jerks to Ali and Daniel, they were actually really nice guys. 

The girls from my table called me over. I walked over to them. Barbra and Susan had an angry expression on their faces.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Susan asked me.

"Um...I-I don't...." I said confused.

"I know I like Tommy, why would you talk to him, let alone sit with him? What is your problem? You can't be friends with him!" Susan said yelling at me.

"Why not?" I asked confused and mad.

"Because I like him!" 

"I don't care. I can be friends with whoever I want! You know what?"

"What?"

"I'm not going to hang around you guys anymore. You guys are sick. Ali! You're fine." I said looking at Ali with a smile.

Time skip to end of the day

I was walking with them as we approached their motorbikes. We were laughing and having a good time. Johnny pulled me aside and smiled at me.

"I just wanna let you know, just in case you don't know, but you do realize that Tommy has a huge crush on you right?" He said to me. I looked back at Tommy and then back at Johnny.

"I know." I said being honest. The truth was I did know Tommy liked me. Maybe I liked his too but I just wasn't sure yet.