I Will Love You Forever And Always

I paced the  hallway of the hospital waiting for a nurse or doctor to come talk to me. I had contacted Bobby and told him about Tommy's situation. He was on his death bed and I wasn't about to let him die without seeing his best friends, his brothers one last time. As his wife shouldn't I have hope he'll live? Yes, yes I should but I know Tommy's dying. As much as it hurts, it's also the truth. The doctor told me himself that there was nothing more they could do for him. 

A nurse walked out of the hospital room and gestured for me to enter to see my husband. I walked in and sat down next to his bed. I took his hand and kissed it while sobbing. I closed my eyes tightly as tears ran down my face. I felt his soft and warm hand whip some of them away.

"Hey, Y/N. It's going to be okay." He said.

"How can you be so sure? Tommy, you're dying and there's nothing I can do to save you." I said.

"I know but you've got to stay strong, babe." 

Bobby walked into the room and I could tell he was heartbroken once he saw Tommy. He gestured his head for me to walk outside the room so we could talk.

"Y/N, it's not your fault. These things happen. I called Jimmy and Johnny." He told me.

"I know it's not my fault, Bobby. I just wish he had more time." I said calming down.

Johnny walked out of the elevator and walked over to us. He hugged Bobby and then hugged me. 

"Long time, guys." Johnny said releasing me from the hug.

"Yeah. You look good, man." Bobby said. 

"A few more wrinkles, but, you know, not too bad." I said. We laughed.

"Yeah, you'd think with all that preaching and praying, you'd get your hair back, Bobby." Johnny said. I giggled since Bobby always claimed to not be a priest. 

"Unfortunately, God doesn't work that way." Bobby said. There was a small pause between us. "But uh, I've definitely been doing a lot of praying since, you know..." 

"How's he doing?" Johnny asked.

Bobby paused for a moment and looked at me.

"He'll be happy to see you, Johnny." I said referring to Tommy. "He's in Room 112."

Johnny walked off and Bobby turned to look at me. After a few moments, Bobby and I walked towards Tommy's room. We both stood in the doorway as Johnny and Tommy talked. Tommy looked over at us and smiled softly.

"Oh. Did you see? They already got me a priest." He said chuckling. 

Bobby chuckled and shock his head. "I'm a pastor, Tommy." He said. "But if you wanna confess about that 50 bucks you still owe me, the big guy's listening."

We all started laughing. Tommy's laugh quickly turned to coughing. It was like life wouldn't let us forget why we were here to begin with. 

"You're gonna fight this." Johnny said. 

"Nah. That part's done." Tommy said shacking his head. "It's in here now." He pointed to his head. "Besides, you were always a better fighter."

"Bullshit. Remember that tournament back in '83? You beat Vidal to get to the semis." Johnny said.

"Yeah." Tommy said.

"Yeah." Johnny agreed. 

"Yeah, well, who beat me in the finals?" Tommy asked giving Johnny a look. 

"All right, yeah. But you didn't make it easy for me." Johnny said.

Jimmy walked in holding a gift basket and was talking with his wife on the phone. I couldn't contain my laughter and burst out laughing. It was still hard to think of us all as adults now.  Jimmy got off the phone and hugged Bobby.