Before the Tournament

When I woke up, I was in Johnny's living room. The boys were sleeping on the two surrounding couches and the floor. They were all knocked out and snoring. I chuckled to myself.

I felt arms around my waist and I realized I was cuddled up next to a sleeping Tommy. His body was peaceful and I slowly and carefully moved my body to face him. I played with a small part of his blonde hair as I looked at his quiet and peaceful face. I wrapped my arms around his torso and dug my face into his chest. I felt a soft kiss on my head and I looked to see that Tommy was awake.

"I didn't wake you up, did I?" I asked him in a soft whisper.

"No, you didn't, princess." He whispered back.

"What time is it?"

He lifted his arm up a bit to check his watch. "One o'clock in the morning." He answered.

"We'd better go back to sleep. We have the tournament later today." I said cuddling up closer to his body and digging my face into his chest again. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, securing me.

I could hear his steady heart beat and it soothed me as I begun to fall back asleep. But what I would remember forever is the words said after.

"I love you." He whispered to me.

"I love you too, Tommy." I whispered back.