Halloween Trouble

The doctor came and we took Tommy to the hospital. I paced outside in the waiting room as the doctor inspected. The doctor came out. We all went up to him.

"He'll be fine. He'll only have a black eye and a few cuts but other than that, fine." He said.

"Can I see him?" I asked.

"Yes." The doctor said.

I rushed into the room and saw Tommy sitting in a bed. I pulled up a chair and sat next to him. He smiled at me. He had an ice pack against his right eye.

"Hi." I said to him.

"Hi." He said back.

"Look, I'm sorry about Freddy, I don't know what came over him this year."

"It's not your fault. I just didn't want him to push you around like that. Why is he like that with you?"

"I don't know. He used to be really sweet." 

Time skip

It was Monday again; Tommy was looking better. I was at cheer practice while he was at soccer practice. I waved at him as I did the cheers, he waved back. When both teams went on a water break, he came up to me. He seemed nervous and anxious.

"Hey." He said to me slightly waving.

"Hi." I replied.

"I need to ask you something."

"Yeah?"

"Will you go to the Halloween Dance with me?"

I blushed a little at the question. 

"Yes, Tommy. I'd love to go with you."

It was the night of the Halloween Dance. I was dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and the boys were dressed as skeletons. Tommy and I were slow dancing. His hands were placed on my waist and my arms were rapped around his neck. We were talking as we swayed to the music. We could see the boys snickering and goofing off in the corner of our eyes. We rejoined the group and Johnny went to the bathroom. 

We were all talking and laughing until Daniel came running out of the boy's bathroom, followed by an angry Johnny. The boys ran after Daniel as they all ran out of the gym and headed for a pathway heading away from the school. I followed them. I was going slower seeing as I was in red heels.

When I finally caught up to them, I saw an older man beating up the boys. Daniel was laying on the ground and eventually so were the Cobras. I came up to the older man. He didn't intend to hurt me. He just looked at me, nodded his head and acknowledgement, picked up Daniel, unchained the fence and said to me, "Take care of boys."

I nodded and sat on a rock near them, shocked at the situation at hand. The boys were slowly getting up and they stood up, confused and still out of it. Tommy was having a more difficult time than the others. He held his shoulder in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked him looking at him struggle.

"Yeah, yeah, are you okay? He didn't hurt you did he?" He asked me.

"No. But seriously, Tommy, are you okay?" I asked him again. He shock his head and we took him to the hospital. It turns out he'd dislocated his shoulder. It was popped back into place by the doctor but we were told it was going to be sore for the next couple of days.