The Deal

I was warming up with the boys as Kreese shouted above us. I was focused and had a blank mind. I could tell the others were the same. Poor Tommy had to do the whole excise with only one arm moving. The other was in a sling as it slowly but surely healed. 

After a while, we got in a square around the mat and sat on our legs as Bobby fought Robertson. Compared to Bobby, Robertson was small and tiny. I felt bad for the kid when Bobby kicked him to the floor and finished him off. We all stood back up as Kreese spoke strong to each of us. Johnny I could tell was focused on something else or someone else. 

"We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, on the street, in a competition, a man confronts you, he is the enemy, and the enemy deserves no mercy. What is the problem, Mr. Lawrence?" Kreese yelled. Johnny snapped out of his daydream and whispered something to Kreese. 

"Class. Fall in behind me." Kreese said as a response to Johnny's whisper. 

I stood in between Tommy and Bobby; Dutch stood next to Tommy and Jimmy stood next to Bobby. Johnny had gone up with Kreese to talk to Daniel and the man who had kicked the Cobras' asses the night before. Daniel had a nervous expression spread across his face. I would too if I were him.

"I hear you jumped a few of my students last night." Kreese said to the older man.

"Afraid the facts mixed up." He said to Kreese.

"You calling Mr. Lawrence a liar?" Kreese asked him with a displeased expression.

"No call no one nothing." 

"What are you here for old man?" Kreese asked.

"Come ask leave boy alone." He answered moving his head towards Daniel. Kreese looked at Daniel and seemed to analyze him for a moment.

"What's the matter the boy can't take care of his own problems?" Kreese asked him.

"One to one problem, yes. Five to one problem too much ask anyone." He replied.

"Is that what's bothering you? The odds? Well, we can fix that. You like matching Mr. Lawrence?" Kreese asked.

"Yes Sensei!" Johnny yelled. 

"No more fighting." The older man said.

"This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class. You don't come into my dojo, drop a challenge and leave. Now you get your boy on the mate or you and I are gonna have a major problem." Kreese said growing impatient.

"Too much advantage. Your dojo." 

"Name a place."

"Tournament." 

We all looked up at the poster of the All-Valley Tournament that was happening December. 19th. Kreese chuckled to himself. At this point, I didn't know what to think. 

"You've got real nerve old man. Real nerve. But I think we can accommodate you. Can't we Mr. Lawrence?" Kreese said.

"Yes Sensei." Johnny said quieter than before.

"Fall in." Kreese ordered. Johnny walked and stood next to Dutch. We all looked at each other while Kreese wasn't looking. 

"Ask one more small request." The older man said.

"Make it fast." Kreese said impatiently.

"Ask leave boy alone to train." 

"You're a pushy little bastard ain't yeah but I like that! I like that!"

Kreese walked away from Daniel and the older man and walked down behind me and the boys as we stood still in our lines. 

"Alright! No one touches the drama queen until the tournament. Is that understood?" Kreese asked us.

"Yes Sensei." We all yelled.

"But you don't show and it's open season on him....and you." Kreese said walking slowly up to them. 

The older man nodded and slowly backed away pulled Daniel with him. After another hour of training at the dojo, we left. We were all walking out talking and laughing. We all got into Johnny's car because we had planned to go to Golf N' Stuff after training. Bobby sat in the front seat and I sat with Tommy, Dutch and Jimmy in the back. I was squished up against Tommy but I didn't mind. His body was warm and sweaty but then again so was mine. We arrived and got out of the car. We started with golf and Johnny won; surprise, surprise. We then moved onto playing arcade games. 

"We're going to go get some food, you guys want anything?" Bobby asked Tommy and I.

"No I'm good." I answered.

"Nope." Tommy replied.

The group left Tommy and I playing one of the basketball games. Well, more like I was playing it and Tommy was watching me. I got another one into the basket.

"Woah there, princess, don't ditch us for basketball boys now." Tommy chuckled. I turned my head and smiled at him. He smiled back and we stared at each other for what seemed like forever. He moved a strain of my Y/H/C hair out of my face and behind me ear. He placed his hand on my cheek. It was warm and comforting. His light brown eyes gazed into my Y/E/C ones. He moved closer to me and pressed his lips gently against mine. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.  He kissed me a little hard and it was a very passionate one. 

"Um, are we interrupting something?" I heard Bobby's voice coming from the side of us. I lips part, both of us wide eyed. We look over to see Jimmy's mouth open and Bobby, Johnny and Dutch all having a wide grin on their faces. 

"No, you weren't." I said letting go of Tommy. We waited for them to finish their food before going to the car. As we went I heard Dutch say to Johnny, "You owe me twenty dollars."