The Reason

I was walking down the hallway alone when Ali and Daniel came up to me. 

"Hey." Ali said smiling brightly.

"Hi." I said and then my eyes met Daniel's. "Ali, can Daniel and I talk in private for a moment?"

"Sure." She said and then walked off.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"What happened between you and Johnny on the night of the Halloween Dance?" I asked him crossing my arms.

"Nothing, nothing. The guy's just a jerk." Daniel said.

"No he isn't! Johnny doesn't chase people down and beat them up for no reason." I argued.

"Fine." He said pausing for a moment. "I dosed him with a water hose in the bathroom." 

"What? Why?" I asked him shocked by his actions.

"Because I was just trying to make Ali's wish come true. She said she wanted to see Johnny get a taste of his own medicine. So, I did it for her." 

"Yeah well did you ever think maybe Johnny is dealing with enough at the moment? He has a lot of things on his back right now and he doesn't need you to add more weight to his load." I said in an angry tone. I walked off to meet up with the Cobras and found them half way across the courtyard. 

"Hey." Tommy said.

"Hi." I said still annoyed by Daniel.

"Are you okay?" Bobby asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"No, you're not fine. What happened?" Tommy asked me.

"Nothing. I said I'm fine."

"You know, you're not a very good liar." Dutch said.

"Like you're a professional liar." I snapped.

"Okay, can we cool down?" Jimmy said cutting in. "We were just asking what was wrong." 

They all looked past me and I turned around to see Ali and Daniel approaching us. Daniel had this stupid smile on his face.

"Hey guys." Daniel said. "Sorry about the black eye, Johnny. Your shoulder alright, Tommy?" 

He was teasing us! Daniel LaRusso was acting like a big shot by teasing us.

"Why that little--" I said as I threw my stuff down and went to go attack him but Tommy and Dutch grabbed onto me to stop me.

"Stop, Y/N! We have to wait till the tournament!" Bobby said. 

"I don't care! Let me beat his ass!" I said struggling against their grip.

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down princess. Okay?" Tommy said coming in front of me, blocking my view of Daniel and Ali. I started to calm down as my eyes met his chocolate brown ones.

"Okay." I said. We all drew our attention back to Daniel and Ali who were standing there. Ali had a lot of confusion and shock on her face while Daniel just kept up with his stupid grin. 

"You guys make sure not to step in front of any more buses alright?" Daniel said as he started to walk off.

"Must be tale-a-worm-for-a-walk week!" Tommy yelled. 

Time skip

It was the end of my English class when I walked out and saw Freddy. I walked past him but he caught up with me.

"Hey." He said.

"What do you want?" I asked him. I didn't look at him and I kept walking. He grabbed my arm to stop me but I pulled my arm away and stood there looking at him with an angry expression. Further down the hall, I saw Johnny, Tommy, Dutch, Bobby and Jimmy. They had angry expressions too and were glare at the back of Freddy's head. I gave them a look as if to say, "Help me." They got the message and started walking towards us. 

"Hey what's up?" Dutch said jumping up energetically. 

"Nothing much, what about you guys?" I asked drawing my attention to the Cobras instead of Freddy.

"Tommy!" Freddy yelled. We all stopped talking and I looked at Freddy worried. I remember what Freddy had done to Tommy a few months back and I wasn't going to let it happen again. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, what is it?" Tommy asked him clearly aware of Freddy's possible intentions.

"In private." Freddy said annoyed.

"No!" I said cutting in. "Whatever you have to say, Freddy, you can say it to all of us."

Freddy sighed. "Fine." He started. "I need you, Y/N, to quit Cobra Kai."

"Why?" I asked him. I wasn't going to quit. My friends were there. It was the one place I could be myself. 

"Because it's changed you. You went from the quiet girl, who never did anything against people to this loud girl who fights people." Freddy explained.

"You wanna know why I never did anything against people? Because those people where your friends. Your friends who wanted to get with me and I never did anything out of fear of them creating rumors that would destroy me!" I yelled. "Joining Cobra Kai is the best thing that's ever happened to me because I learned to stand up for myself in ways I never did before. And now the friends I have are true friends," I gestured my hand to the Cobra Kai boys who were listening to my explanation and story. "Friends who don't want to get with me, they just want to help me."

"Fine. Your loss. Don't come crying back to me when they hurt you." Freddy said.

"See that's the difference. They wouldn't hurt me, but you would. And I won't be crying to you because I don't need you, Freddy, just like I don't need Barbra or Susan. I don't know if you've noticed but I will never want to be with you!" I said staring at him with anger.

What happened next was unexpected. In a hep of anger, Freddy slapped me across my face. Tommy stepped in front of me after he did so. Freddy looked him up and down as the two boys faced each other both mad. Tommy's arm wasn't in the sling anymore. He'd taken it off for the first time this week, during lunch. 

"What are you gonna do, man?" Freddy asked him.

"Don't ever lay a finger on her again!" Tommy demanded. 

"This isn't your fight."

"You're right, it wasn't until you put your hand on her."

"You care about her, huh?" 

"Look, I know all this started because of me. You can beat me, or hurt me but if you ever touch her again, I will find you and I will kick your ass!"

I stared at Tommy as Freddy glared at him and then walked off. Tommy was still looking at Freddy walk off when I came up behind him and tapped his shoulder. He turned to face me and his angry expression faded as he looked down at the cheek that Freddy had slapped. He cupped my face with both hands and rubbed my cheeks with his thumbs. He looked to the others who nodded and left us alone. 

Tommy looked back down at me. His brown eyes full of pain and sorrow. He pulled me into a hug and pulled my head against his chest. I wrapped my arms around his body and closed my eyes. He placed his head on mine and rubbed my back. It was comforting and gentle. In the beginning of the school year, I saw Tommy as this loud, cruel and vocal boy who's soul purpose was to make my life and a lot of other people's lives miserable, but now I saw a side of Tommy that was gentle, calm and soft. This side I like more. His touch felt safe and secure to me. 

If I was being honest with myself, I wanted to stay like this forever. His head lifted up from my head and I opened my eyes. Small tears fell down from my eyes and I lifted my head from his chest. He wiped the tears from my face with his thumbs and moved a strain of my hair from in front of my eyes. 

"Hey, it's alright. Your fine." He said softly. 

"Thank you Tommy." I said to him. He smiled softly.

"Let's go, the boys are waiting."