Forgiveness

{P.O.V. Jennifer Ross-Ryans}

A Few Months Later - Spring... 

These last few months have been amazing, and they have had their challenges with Kendrick and the baby. Why Kendrick? Simple, really, Kendrick is still a hard man to understand sometimes. Why the baby? Because pregnancy isn't as easy as some believe it is. Pregnancy has a few challenges of its own. Other than that, the baby is just fine. Another thing that has happened during these months is my B&B is done. By done, I mean all built and decorated on the inside. The timing couldn't have been better. With spring approaching, people will want to get out and go on vacations or even honeymoons. Also, because my due date is coming. I want to get the B&B up going before she comes. 

That is where I am now at my B&B, making sure the inventory is stocked and ready to go for opening day, which is on April 2nd, and that is in a week and a half sitting at my desk. My front desk guy and my cook come in. 

"Everything in the food pantry, fridges, and freezers are ready, Mrs. Ryans, along with the menus for opening week." Chef Loius says. 

"That is fantastic. What about the rooms and the front desk?" Praising my chef and asking my front desk man. 

"They stocked all the rooms along with the housekeeping closet. The front desk is ready to go as well. The housekeeping has the honeymoon cabins left to clean, and they will have that done by the end of the week, mam." Mr. Kanes says 

"Perfect. Has anyone seen Miss Fredrickson? I need her report on the horse barn." 

"I saw her riding a horse." Mr. Kanes tells me. 

"Thank you both. If everything is ready, you both may finish what you were doing." Both of them say goodbye and leave my office. Getting up out of my chair, I go outside to find Miss Fredrickson. Finding her inside the barn, she was brushing a horse. 

"Mrs. Ryans, what can I do for you?" Miss Fredrickson asks. 

"I need your weekly report on the inventory." Telling her. 

"Of course, everything is stock except we will need some more grain. I got that order, and it will be here by the end of the week. " 

"Perfect, and the vet came by and gave them exams?" 

"Yes, they all have their exams, and they are all healthy and are ready for riding." 

"Wonderful. That is all I needed to know for now. I will let you get back to what you were doing."

Leaving the barn and walking back to the B&B, a man walked out of the building and was looking around, and when his eyes landed on me, it made my skin crawl. It made me remember the night he forced that kiss upon me. 

"Carson, what are you doing here?" Asking the man 

"I came to see you. I wanted to apologize for my actions at the charity ball." 

"Well, that isn't necessary. Please leave." 

"It is necessary. I was told false information about your marriage, and I thought I could be the knight in shining armor that could save you. I believed that if I kissed you. That you would realize what we had and would want to have it back as I did. I let old feelings and memories get the best of me, and I am truly sorry." Looking at my watch, it was almost 5 p.m.

"It's all in the past. Please, I need you to leave." 

"Please, Jenna, don't hate me for what I did." 

"I don't hate you. But I don't want to be around you anymore, either."

"Can't leave without knowing that we are okay?"