Meeting an Old Friend

{P.O.V. Jennifer Ross-Ryans}

Opening my eyes, a bright light shines. From the window, making me close them. Rolling over and realizing I was no longer asleep on the couch, but in Kendricks' and my bed. He must have carried me to our room. After I fell asleep during the movie last night. Sitting up and moving my hair out of my face. Kendrick wasn't lying by me. 'What does this guy do in the morning that I keep missing him?' Asking myself.

"Kendrick?" Asking in a loud tone. To see if he was anywhere in here.

"In the bathroom," He replies.

Grabbing a hair tie off my nightstand. Putting it up in a ponytail. I get out of bed and see what he was doing. He was at the sink shaving his face. Wearing only boxers and black dress pants. Leaning in the doorway, watching him shave.

"Morning." Greeting him.

"Mornin." He greets back.

"Is this what you do in the mornings?"

"Sometimes, I usually do my workouts and then go to work. What do you do in the mornings?"

"I go out for a jog, and then I would have gone to work. But now I make plans to do other things." Who am I kidding? I do little anymore besides spy on his old band videos. He replies with a 'hmm' sound. "Tonight, I have plans to hang out. With my friend Cassidy. She needs some girl talk."

"Where at?" He rinses his shaver off and washes his face. Then wipes it with a towel.

"I'm not sure yet."

"Let me know when you do."

"I will." He puts the towel on the sink. Then walks past me and goes to the closet. Following him, he was going to put a suit on.

"Are you going to work?"

"Yes, I have a couple of meetings to make up from yesterday."

"But it's a Saturday." Telling him. 

"I'm fully aware of what day it is, Jennifer," Kendricks says seriously, calm. While he puts his white dress shirt on.

"You're not supposed to go to work on your day off. That defeats the whole point of having a day off." That's common sense really. 

"It's a couple of meetings. I will be alright." He was tying his tie.

"I'm just saying..." Before I could finish, he cuts me off.

"Jennifer..." He says in a tone of warning. Or maybe it was irritation or both? He puts his black dress jacket on.

"Fine. Just don't work all day, alright?" He takes a seat on a chair, with his socks and dress shoes. Putting them on, he ties his shoes and sits up in the chair. Sea-blue eyes looking into luscious brown.

"I swear I will try to resist not to work all day." He tries to reassure me. 

"Good." Feeling like I won this conversation.

"Are you done nagging me now?" Acting like I was searching for the answer simultaneously. Making the 'mmm' sound and tapping my chin. He gets up and walks towards me.

"Yes, I believe so." Finally, answering his question. He snakes his arms around my waist.

"You drive me nuts sometimes." He shakes his head at me playfully and leaves a kiss on my cheek. Then looks at his watch. "I got to go. Let me know about where you guys plan ongoing. So I know where to have Braxton pick you up." He lets go of me and goes to his nightstand by the bed.

"I was actually wondering if I could drive myself?" Asking him while he grabs his wallet and phone. Off the nightstand and put them in his pant pockets. He had a look like he was thinking about what I had just asked him. "Please..."