Mr. Arrogance

{P.O.V. Jennifer Ross}

Today is Friday, the last day of work for the week. Starting tomorrow, Cassidy and I are going to a spa, and I can't wait. Then we're going to the mall after that and then nightclubbing. It is going to be fun to let loose after a long week of work. Knowing what my plans are for tomorrow has put me in an excellent mood. 

Stepping into the vast office building. With excitement in every step. With how good my mood was. Nothing could bring me down. Not even Mr. Ryans. Stepping onto the top floor. I was two minutes early. 'Ha, take that, Mr. Ryans!' thinking aloud to myself. 

Putting my purse and backpack under my desk. I sit down and get ready to work. When the elevator door dings and opens. Mr. Ryans steps out. Following behind him was a beautiful black and white Husky with pretty grey eyes. 

"Good Morning, Mr. Ryans." Greeting him. 

"Good Morning Miss Ross." He says back. The black and white husky comes around my desk. 

"And good morning to you too, Rhea." Greeting the husky while petting her. I enjoy it when Mr. Ryans brings Rhea to the office.  

"Before you leave today, Miss Ross. We need to have a chat about this month's schedule." 

"Yes, Sir." 

"Rhea." He calls her name. She follows him into his office. Sitting down and getting back to work. 

It has been a long day at the office today. I'm glad I can finally go home. Knocking on Mr. Ryans's office door, hearing a 'Come in.' Opening the door. He was at his desk with some reading glasses on. Looking at the computer screen. Even though I don't have romantic feelings for him. I have to say. Even though most guys don't look good with glasses. Mr. Ryans here is definitely one of those guys that do. 

"You wanted to talk to me before I left?" Asking him. 

"Yes.. have a seat." Taking a seat on the chair in front of his desk. He takes his reading glasses off. Puts them down on his desk. Leans back in his office chair. "For the next month, you will work late with me. No later than 8:30 p.m. If you are wondering why? It is because starting from 3:00 p.m. I will do interviews with different women. What the interviews are about is none of your business. Those times are just for the week. During the weekends, you will be here at 12 p.m and will stay till I leave." 

Is he kidding? Does he think he can demand me around? Not just that, I have a second job. I can't be here working late. 

"Mr. Ryan, Sir, I can't work those times. I have a second job to work at night." Telling him. Now my second job is no longer a secret. 

"That's not my problem." He says bluntly.

"Sir.." Trying to explain that I can't, he cuts me off. 

"Miss Ross, I need you to do this. Or I will search for a new secretary that can work the hours that I ask of them." The arrogance of this man! I can't lose this job, it's my primary income. 

"When do we start, Sir?" Trying to ask him as nicely as possible. 

"This Monday, so enjoy your last free weekend. For the next four weeks, you won't have one." 

"Is that all, sir?" 

"Yes, have a goodnight, Miss Ross." Getting up and leaving his office fast as I could, for I was fuming mad. It was going to be along night at the hardware store. I'm sure Mrs. Callie will understand and work something out with me for a month.

It was finally Saturday after a long night last night. Cassidy and I are at the spa getting back messages. Talking about what Kendrick Ryans said to me.