Broken Dreams & Long Hours

{P.O.V Jennifer Ross}

I have to admit, even though I don't like Kendrick Ryans. I do have to agree he smells fantastic. Not to mention really warm. Sitting down at a booth in the diner. He orders me some coffee and water. Then orders me a small bowl of soup with some crackers. Grabbing his phone out of his pocket. He looked like he was texting someone.

"I can order my food." Telling him bluntly. He just looked up at me for a second. Then, went back to his phone. The server brings the coffee and the glass of water. Placing his phone down, he leans back in his seat.

"Drink your water or coffee, Miss Ross." He demands 

"Will you quit calling me that!? We're not in the office anymore. Which means my name is Jennifer." He sighs deeply and leans forward. 

"Fine, Jennifer, will you now drink your water or coffee?"

"Yea, I will." Taking a couple of sugar packets and putting them in my coffee and drinking it. He leans back in his chair again and looks outside. There was this awkward silence. That if a pin was to drop, you could hear it. 

"Thank you, by the way." Braking the silence, he looks back at me. Waiting for me to explain. "For helping me with those guys." 

He said nothing as he nod his head. Then he looks back out the window. The server brings me some chicken noodle soup with some crackers. Eating my food, his phone goes off. He looks at it for a second, then puts it away. 

"Your friends are headed home." My heart dropped a little. It wasn't like Cass to leave with knowing I was safe. "She knows that you're with me. Once you're done, I will take you home. That is only if you finish your food, coffee, and water". 

He finishes his sentence, also giving me some reassurance. Nodding my head, I finish up the meal he had ordered me. I never ate soup for a hangover before. It was quite different. Once completely done, Kendrick takes me home. 

Kendrick driver and bodyguard Braxton Hollows. Came and picked us up from the diner. Braxton was an old army marine. He has short white and gray hair, a short beard, is very tall and muscular for someone his age, and he really doesn't say much. When he talks, he is always polite and kind. Another thing about Braxton is he always has a suit on and a security earpiece in his ear. The two years that I have worked for Mr. Ryans. Braxton and I get along great. Getting to my apartment complex, Kendrick got out first, then me. 

"Thank you again for helping me. With those guys and for sobering me up." Thanking Mr. Ryans. 

"Next time you want to get drunk like that. I suggest you wear something less revealing." He says bluntly. Ah! the arrogance of this man! A simple welcome would be nice. Nodding my head, I walk towards my apartment. "Oh, Miss Ross," 

Turning around, he walks up to me and hands me a small bottle of aspirin and a bottle of water. Looking up at him, a little confused. 

"For your hangover." He explains, answering with a nod. "I would rest up tomorrow, Miss Ross, for I expect you to still be on time on Monday." 

"Of course, Sir." 

"Have a goodnight Miss Ross." He says and leaves. Heading up to my apartment. I head to bed early. 

Sunday was a long day. Cassidy, Taylor, and I all had a hangover. Cassidy and Taylors were the worst. Mine wasn't too bad, thanks to Mr. Ryans. 

Now it's Monday. I'm just getting ready to meet my appointment to see if I can get this property. I was sitting in a small coffee shop just down the street from the office building. A blonde and beautiful woman walks in and sits down in front of me.