Mine to Protect

[P.O.V. Kendrick Ryans]

Sitting in the conference room talking with a small business owner, along with his partner. They traveled all the way from New York. To ask if my company will be a partner with theirs? To help them make more money and build their company up. They have been begging for a meeting with me for a year. I finally gave them a chance to pitch their partnership; their business is Robotics. The small business owner's name is Hamish Brickson, and his partner is Carson Jackson. 

"If we were to make this deal, then Mr. Brackets and I would need to see it for ourselves. Also, understand what it is what you do exactly. What do you think, Mr. Brackets?" Telling them my expectations, then asking Nolan. 

"I agree with Mr. Ryans." Nolan agrees. 

"I wouldn't expect less from either of you." Mr. Brickson agrees. 

"Then it is settled, Mr. Brackets secretary and mine will talk about days we can come. They will get back to you and see what works for you as well." Finalizing the conversation, we all stand up and shakes hands. 

"It was a pleasure meeting you, gentlemen," Mr. Jackson says. 

After saying our goodbyes, Nolan stays behind and pours him a glass of water. Both of us taking a seat back into our chairs.  

"Well, that went better than I thought it would," Nolan says

"Same here." Agreeing with him. 

"I think this would be a great opportunity not just for us, but for them too." 

"This has a lot of potential in it. Before we give them the big 'yes,' I want to make sure it is as great as they pitch it." 

"I agree." My phone is going off in my pocket. Pulling it out, It was a text message from Jennifer. 

 *Hey, on my way to Cassidy's apartment will text you when I get there. 

Don't text and drive.* Sending a text back to her. 

*I'm not, the car is still parked.

Quit texting and I'll talk to you later.* Putting my phone down with a smile on my face, she doesn't respond. Nolan just gave me this weird look. 

"What?" Asking him and the smile disappears. 

"Nothing." He puts his hand up in defense.

"Hmm.." Sure, it's nothing. 

"I gotta go, man. I will see you on Monday." He gets up out of his seat and walks towards the door. 

"See ya." Once Nolan was gone, I get up and go to a secret meeting. This meeting has nothing to do with our company, it between me and someone I dislike.  

Going to a pleasant restaurant, I let the greeter know who I was. She shows me the table I was supposed to go to. Taking me into a private room, there sat my ex-fiance, Lucia. Taking a seat at the table, she has a look like she was pleased. 

"It surprised me you made this meeting with me, Kendrick. I have already ordered something to eat, by the way." She says while eating ladylike.  

"Were not here for a pleasant conversation Lucia. We are here because you have recently contacted my Wife." Telling her in a serious, bitter tone. 

"Such a lovely woman, your Wife, is." She says with sarcasm. 

"You are going to stay away from my Wife." 

"And if I don't?" 

"Well then, I guess the truth about You, Me, and Zach will have to come out. Meaning that your Husband's business reputation will be hurt along with yours." Her family would see her as a disappointment. It would be hard for Zach to make deals, for most people in the business world would see him as untrustworthy. These things seem unimportant, but to live in the world that she and I do, these things are important.