Pleasure to meet you

I don't know many people. I feel so different of my few friends and even more of my family. I'm not much of the everybody-know-me kind. I found myself listening to music for hours and being okay like that. By myself. I can say I'm okay, but not great. I always felt like something was missing. The missing piece of the puzzle. I wonder what I could need this much. You know when you do something you love, eat your favourite food and everything is going so perfect, but later, when you're lying in bed at night, you feel empty and you don't know what could fill this hole in your chest. If you do know what's missing, most of the time you can't do anything. So you just continue your life like normal, ignoring this feeling.

You know, I've waited so long for you. I could've waited more or forever but there you are. Finally. Looking at my words and turning my pages. You didn't turn many pages yet but I hope you will. I've seen a lot of faces opening this book and never finished it. Letting it on a shelf for a while to end up in a box full of dust. Like I didn't matter. But you, you give me a good feeling. You must think "They say that to everyone who read this book," oh but dear, it's how you see it that really matters. Read those lines with a depth that only you can understand. Not everybody would feel the same way about the same words. Are you more of a down-to-earth person or a dreamer? I think you can already tell that I am a dreamer. Obviously.

Never forget that it's not because you don't see me that I'm not there. The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched. They are felt with the heart. Sounding poetic, doesn't it? I will never touch you or really see you, so I guess you are one of the most beautiful things in the world. I feel it. I can hear your voice whispering my words between your lips. I can feel your fingers turning my pages. I can feel your smile and your eyes at me. Like I matter.

I just talk about me! And you? Do you see me? Do you feel me? How do you imagine me? Am I tall or small? How does my voice sound? What does my hair look like? Do I even have hair? What do I smell like? Mint? Flowers? I wonder... Make a portrait of me in your head. I hope you like how you imagine me at least.

We don't know each other a lot yet but it'll come if you don't let the book take the dust and forget about me. Like most of the others do.

Please do not think that I don't trust you, I only got used to being careful. I mean, I'm sure you understand. We can't force people to stay. And, anyway, what would be the point? I think it's better to be alone than with bad company. Basic sentence I know, but don't you think like me? You seem like good company. I guess you like reading. I do too. I imagine you noticed that I like to write. Do you? I wrote poems for a while but I got bored. Not of writing but having no one to read them. I tried to write stories and things like that but it's not for me. I need to write to someone. To have a goal. A motivation. In this case, it's you. If you get bored by reading this book it's okay, it just means that we wouldn't be ''meant to be''. OK it seems a bit cliché said like that, but I'm cliché. I still don't really know what's the point of this book, diary or whatever it is yet, but I hope we'll find out. Maybe it will be this. Me writing those lines about my life or my thoughts. Don't worry, I'll try to keep it interesting.