The reality

Talking about reality, do you believe in a different reality? Or maybe more than one. Or a parallel universe you know.

I do believe that there is more. Maybe there is a way to go in these other realities. I read something about it once, but didn't give it much attention. Maybe I should have. If I had given it enough attention, I might have been able to step into your reality. Imagine. What if your sky is green and mine is blue? And what if my trees are green and yours are blue? Maybe I dream too much huh. I know.

I would like to know how's your world. If only I could ask you and know you could respond. Since I can't see yours, I will describe you mine.

The sky is blue and when the sun goes down it turns pink, orange, purple or all these colours at the same time. The trees have green leaves that turn yellow, orange, then red and finally brown when the cold comes. The sky is grey most of the time. Autumn is really beautiful but it rains really often.

Then come winter. The trees are naked if it's cold enough. Weird huh. We put more clothes when it's cold but the trees lose theirs. Only the spruce trees remain dressed. The colder it is, the shorter the days. Not that the time has shortened, but the sun sets earlier and rises later. Lakes and rivers turn to ice at the same time the leaves fall. Is it like that for you too? Do you like winter? Did you ever touch snow? Those tiny ice crystals that come together and form these white flakes. Maybe you're from a place where snow doesn't exist. You are not missing much. It's cold and wet. The only thing I like about it is the view it makes.

I'm more of a spring person. Spring is like a renewal. The days are getting longer and the weather is good. Green leaves cover the trees again and the yellowed grass appears or grows back after the cold season. Flowers grow when the snow melts. Tulips, violas and primrose open their petals as the sun rises in the sky. My favourite flowers are sunflowers, but they grow better during summer.

Birds that were gone for the winter return at the start of the warm season. The annoying insects come back to disturb our evenings outside. Mosquitoes bite you everywhere and bees buzz as they fly from flower to flower. Since I live near the forest, there are fireflies that make small lights in the darkness of the woods. There are even little frogs croaking in the ditches. Summer is known for the nights. Those long summer nights. Campfires late at night, walk that last for hours or -

Oh God I love how you look so focused while reading. Looking like there is nothing else around.

Hum. So yeah, do you have all these seasons? I hope for you. It's beautiful.

Now that I said how is life and all those things, I would like to talk about what would be my dream reality. Dream life.

I think I would let nature how it is. But without winter. Or winter wouldn't be cold. Or snow would be hot. Something likes that. The sky would be pink during the day and black at night. Cute huh? There would be more greenery. Like why cutting trees to make houses when you can just cut people. Stop making kids I don't know or build underground houses. It's not even nice to live in the suburbs. You wake up, open the windows and then you see your neighbour getting a tan. What in the privacy...

I think I'm getting way too comfortable here. Sorry. You make me feel so safe. I couldn't tell anyone all these things. You're my safe space.

But let's be for real. Houses would be smaller or they would fit with the decor. They would be cozy with flowers all around the house and vines growing on the walls. I don't really like big modern houses. It ruins the landscape. You probably think, "Does they think they're in a fairy tale?" but maybe you're right. You can't say it wouldn't be a calm existence.

I would have a large library where I could spend hours reading in the comfort of my home with my cat on my knees. Or a dog. Or both. You could be there too. Would you want to be there? With me...

From a more global point of view, I would stop wars and poverty. It would probably come back one day or another but you know, just eliminate it for a while. People are dumb, but as long as we are not those people and that we do not support them, I think it's okay. Live and let live.

In my dream reality, animals would be free or rescued just if they need help. People's worth and intelligence would not depend on their education or grades in school. The ones who make art would get real recognition. Mental illnesses would be taken seriously and sick people would be given the care they need without having to wait on an infinite waiting list. Money wouldn't have the importance it has right now and the cost of living would not be so high. We would be able to live. Really and fully.

I know that it doesn't make much sense. Things are how they are for a reason for sure. At least I hope. But I still think some of them could be better.