Chapter Two | Evening Greetings

• August 29th, 1993 •

Athena had closed for the day and was off to bed. She found it hard to sleep that night, her mind still flooding with thoughts from her encounter with Lucius earlier that day. She didn't know why she was thinking about him. She wasn't sure if it was the look in his eyes or the way he talked to her, but something about that man was consuming her thoughts. Merlin, I still don't know if he's at fault, or if he is truly innocent, she thought. Lucius seemed like a fairly pleasant man, she was hoping that she hadn't been staring into the beautiful grey eyes of a murderer earlier that day. After a little while, she fell asleep after replaying the encounter with Lucius over and over again in her head.

• August 30th, 1993 •

Athena awoke that morning the same as usual and got ready. She resupplied the Valerian Springs that Lucius needed and a few other ingredients. A few customers here and there, and at around noon she flipped the sign at the front window so it read, "CLOSED". She grabbed her purse and wand, and made her way over to The Three Broomsticks for lunch. She sat alone at a table and began eating. Athena hated Mondays. It always felt like the day was moving in slow motion. Soon enough, she paid for her meal and made her way back to her shop. Hours passed and she sat in her shop waiting for potions to finish up.

xxxxx

Lucius sat in his study, working another long day. He had been so busy with his job in the  Ministry that he had completely forgotten about Athena and the ingredients he needed. The clock in his study struck 7 0'clock, making him jump a little, for he was so concentrated. Lucius looked at the time, and stood up from his desk. "Damnit." was all he said as he grabbed his cloak hanging on the door and his cane, leaning on the wall. He made his way down the stairs and towards the front door of the manor.

"Where are you going?" asked an unhappy Narcissa.

"Hogsmeade. I need to grab a few things." Lucius said while slipping on a leather glove. He turned around and saw Narcissa staring at him, clearly angry. He raised an eyebrow. "Something wrong with that darling?"

Narcissa stared at him and narrowed her eyes. She crossed her arms and said, "No nothing at all, how long will you be gone, Lucius?"

"Maybe an hour or so." he said before grabbing his cane and with a loud pop, apparated to Hogsmeade. What the hell is that woman up to, he thought. Lucius had a feeling she was up to something, for she never showed affection like she used to. They hardly ever had sex, and she always slept on the edge of the bed, as far as she could be from Lucius. It all started when Draco was in his second year, Lucius would notice odd behavior from his wife and could tell that she was hiding something. Perhaps, an affair with another man, or woman. Lucius shook his head, and walked down the street leading to Athena's potions shop. By now it was 7:06 and Lucius was only a few steps away from his destination. As he entered the shop the bell rung above the door and her head shot up, for she usually didn't get customers at this time of the evening.

To Athena's surprise it was Lucius, she wasn't expecting him to come like he said he was, for it was already getting late."Hello there Mr. Malfoy." Athena said with a smile. "Here for the Valerian Springs?" she asked.

Lucius nodded, "Right you are, Ms. Belladonna."

"Oh please, call me Athena." she insisted. Lucius nodded and returned a small smile.

Athena found herself staring yet again at the beautiful man standing in front of her. She loved eyes. I could stare into his eyes for hours, she thought. Lucius smiled and took another step forward leaving them only a foot apart from each other. Athena snapped out of what felt like a trance, and looked up at him with her cheeks growing red.