Chapter Three | Dinner

• August 31st, 1993 •

Lucius woke that morning same as always, Narcissa hugging the edge of the bed and barely staying on. He went to his study after a shower and getting dressed, the metal bottom of his cane hitting the wooden floor as he walked through the halls.

The Malfoy's had hired a new house elf, since Harry Potter had freed their old one, Dobby. Lucius was still angry about it but was grateful he had one. "Jinky!" he yelled, and with a loud pop the elf appeared in front of Lucius.

"Yes master? Jinky is at your service." she beamed.

"Bring me some tea. Just knock and set it on my desk." he spoke coldly.

"Yes master! Anything for you master!" and with that, Jinky was off to getting his tea.

xxxxx

Athena woke up around an hour after Lucius, by now it was 7:30. She did her usual morning routine, and she opened her store to local witches and wizards.

As the day carried on she did her usual option for lunch, The Three Broomsticks. After paying for her meal she decided to stop by the Hogsmeade Post Office to see if she had any mail. The building had owls flying all around, ranging of Great Grey Owls to tiny little Scops. Athena walked in greeting the witch at the shelf and check the slot for her shop. To her surprise, she had not a letter, but a package. She grabbed it and immediately noticed how easily bendable it was, but it didn't seem fragile at all. She brought it back to her shop went straight to her tiny living room to open the package. Carefully unwrapping it, trying not to damage the contents inside she took out a beautiful forest green dress. It looked tight so it would show off her figure, and looked to go down to about mid-thigh. The dress had thin straps towards the top and a V-Line that she imagined would show some cleavage. She noticed there was a beautiful silver arm cuff, in she shape of a snake. It's eyes were an emerald green. "It's beautiful..." she said in awe. She got butterflies at the thought that Lucius would go out of his way to do this for her. Inside the package laid a letter, with a dark green wax print keeping it sealed. She opened the letter and read the following.

Dearest, Athena.
I look forward to seeing you tonight, I sure do enjoy being in your presence. I hope you like the dress and the accessory that came with it. Wear them tonight. I'll see you at 7:15 darling.

P.S.  Use the floo network. I'll be in the living room waiting for you love.

Yours,
Lucius Malfoy.

Athena smiled to herself held the letter close to her chest. She then looked back at the dress, draped across her bed and set the letter down, exchanging it with the dress. Like a little girl on Christmas morning, she was excited to try on her gift. Athena stripped and put the beautiful piece of fabric on. It complemented her body so well, showing off her curves at her chest, waist and her lower back. She was right about the revealing of her cleavage, it wasn't too much but it was just enough. Athena felt beautiful, but felt that her hair didn't quite meet the expectations. She decided that she would curl it, and for her makeup, she would do nude shades of eyeshadow, with eyelashes and eyeliner.

xxxxx

Lucius had just gotten back from Diagon Alley, after getting Draco the last of his school books, and a few other things he needed for his third year. By the time he was home it was already a quarter past 4:00. He didn't see Narcissa anywhere, the manor was silent. She's probably with another man. That's alright, I'll be seeing someone much more lovely tonight, he thought to himself.

"Father?" Draco broke the silence, snapping Lucius out of his thought. "Since you said you'd be gone tonight, can I stay at Blaise's house for dinner?" he asked. Lucius nodded and with that Draco made his way to the fireplace and the emerald green flames had taken him away. Lucius sighed and went up to his study, finishing the last bit of work he had for the day.