Chapter Seven | Jealousy

Lucius awoke about an hour later, to see Athena sleeping peacefully in his arms. He admired her beauty and kissed the top of her head, before carefully letting go of her and getting out of bed. Athena felt the weight shift off the mattress and she woke up, rubbing her eyes.

"Did you sleep well love?" he asked her, as he pulled his black shirt over his head. She nodded with a smile and slowly sat up in his bed, glancing down to her wrist that was still badly bruised. Once Lucius was changed into his black trousers and expensive furs with his cloak, he walked around the side of the bed and gave Athena a kiss. She cupped his face and smiled through the kiss, and he soon broke it off.

"Jinky!" he yelled. With a loud pop, the house elf appeared beside him.

"I want you to keep an eye on Athena while I go get Draco from Hogwarts. Keep her company." he ordered.

"Yes master! Jinky would be honored to accompany Young Mistress!" the small elf beamed. Lucius nodded and looked back to Athena.

"I'll be back in a bit, i'm going to get Draco." Lucius spoke with a small smile. Athena nodded and laid back down, holding her arm close to her chest. Lucius left the room and shut the door behind him, leaving Jinky and Athena alone.

"Can Jinky bring Young Mistress anything?" the small elf beamed.

"No thank you Jinky, you can relax, i'm sure Lucius constantly has you working." Athena said sweetly.

"Thank you Young Mistress!" Jinky beamed. The small elf left the room leaving Athena alone in the silence. She stared at the wall and began to think.

• Athena's POV •

The past few days have felt so lonely without Lucius. I cant help but miss his presence although it's been only a few minutes he's been gone. I let out a sigh and sat up in the bed, being careful not to put too much weight on my wrist. Lucius' room was huge, it was easily over twice the size of my shop.

Unable to go back to sleep, I sat up in his bed and got dressed with the clothes form earlier. I stood up a little too fast and felt a pounding in my head from the events that unfolded with Jason earlier. I rubbed the back of my head and winced in pain before opening the doors and leaving Lucius' room. I walked down the stairs in attempts to find the library, but soon found it when i recognized the large doors.

I sat on the couch that him and I cuddled on, replaying the memory in my head. It gave me butterflies to think that I dropped to my knees for him in this very place. I don't know if this little crush is going to last, but something is telling it will. I've only known Lucius for a few days but I already feel so connected with him, as if I've known him my entire life.

It's strange.

I grabbed a book off one of the many shelves in the library and plopped back down on the couch to read, waiting for Lucius to return.

xxxxx

Around 30 minutes later Athena heard a familiar masculine voice from outside the library, talking to another man, or maybe a boy. She stood up, and walked out to the main entrance to see Lucius and the younger Malfoy. Draco turned around to see Athena and gave her a tight smile. Lucius gave him a light nudge and Draco cleared his throat quietly.

"Eh erm..Hello, my name is Draco." he said with a slight tone of boredom in his voice. Athena smiled a little and stepped forward and extended her hand. She made sure to use her right hand for her left wrist was still badly bruised. Draco took her hand and gave it a firm shake, but not too hard.

"It's nice to meet you Draco, i'm Athena. You're father and I are friends." she said while pulling her hand away. Lucius smiled at the sight of the two interacting and then nodded.