Chapter Four | Back to Hogwarts

• September 1st, 1993 •

Athena woke up at her usual, 7:30 o'clock and got in the shower. All the could think about was the feeling of Lucius' lips on hers, she was definitely catching a feeling for Lucius, but she still felt guilty in a way. The man is over ten years older than her, has a wife and a damn child. Athena didn't want to be a home wrecker of any sort, but at the same time the flame she had was growing larger for Lucius. Athena wasn't sure if that kiss they shared really meant anything to him, or if he felt like it was the right thing to do in the moment.

After opening her shop, Athena began brewing several potions and resupplied the shelves. When she approached the shelf that Jason backed her into, she felt uneasy. There were a few ingredients that had fallen from the shelf from the impact. Athena stopped and stared at them for a moment, replaying the moment in her head with her fists clenched, until being snapped out of it from a customer.

xxxxx

Lucius, Narcissa and Draco sat in the dining room, eating breakfast. It was still early, only around 8:00 or so, but Lucius wanted Draco to spend time with him and his mother before he had to leave for Hogwarts. As they finished up breakfast, Narcissa immediately excused herself, for she had 'errands to run'. A frown fell upon Draco's face as his mother so quickly left him, as if she'd get to see him again soon. Lucius shot Narcissa a glare before she apparated to wherever she needed to 'run errands'. Lucius felt bad for his son, he couldn't tell if Draco was onto his mother's suspicious behavior, or if he was too lost in his own world.

"Draco, wanna go on a walk through the gardens before you must go?" Lucius offered.

Draco nodded, trying to hide the fact he was upset about his mother. "Yes father, let's do that."

Lucius gave Draco a small smile and grabbed his cane, motioning for Draco to follow him. The two walked through the gardens, looking at the flowers and the white peacocks strutting around the land.

"Father?" Draco asked, Lucius looked at his son and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes Draco?"

Draco let out a sigh and looked at the ground, Lucius looked at him and frowned slightly. Draco looked back up at Lucius and asked, "Why is it that mother is always gone?"

Lucius felt his heart ache for his son. Although he had a strong feeling she was having an affair, he wasn't sure if he should say anything about it. Lucius cleared his throat quietly and shook his head.

"Draco, your mother has been acting..." he paused, and tried to find the right words to say, "Strange. I'm not sure what she's doing when she says she's running errands, bu-" Draco had cut his father off.

"She's having an affair." Draco spoke coldly, and looked up at his father. Lucius' eyes widen and his face went slightly paler than usual.

"How did you...?" he asked.

"It's obvious father. She never shows affection towards  you, and she disappears to 'run errands' sometimes twice a day?" he looked away and stared into the distance, his thoughts racing.

"Draco," Lucius paused and Draco looked up at his father, "let's get going soon. Did you pack last night like I asked you to?"

"Shit!" Draco ran off to the entrance of the manor so he could quickly pack some last minute things.

"Language!" Lucius yelled, while walking back to the front doors. Draco looked over his shoulder and laughed a little, but continued to run.

xxxxx

The Hogwarts Express was close to leaving, five minutes until departure. Lucius escorted Draco the train and have his son a hug, kissing the top of his head.

"Love you Draco, I'll see you soon." he spoke.

"Love you too father, see ya." Draco replied with a smile before boarding the train and finding a seat with his fellow Slytherins. The train took off and Lucius sighed, he felt alone. He didn't have his son and sure as hell didn't have his wife. Well, I suppose i'll invite Athena over, he thought to himself. Lucius then apparated away to his manor to get a few things and then to the Ministry of Magic, and began working.

xxxxx

Athena decided to take all the ingredients off the shelves so she could do her monthly cleaning. She flipped the sign so it read "CLOSED". She dusted all the shelves and cobwebs in the corners, and mopped the old floors. Athena used a spell for them to dry quickly, she didn't want anyone to get hurt. After the shop was looking clean she began to sort out the ingredients and restock the shelves. By now it was about 11:37. Athena finished up the last of the sorting and resupplying, about 20 minutes after. Soon enough the afternoon had struck and she was getting hungry, but didn't want lunch yet. Athena finished up some potions and stored them into their proper vials, and placed them behind her counter. Meanwhile, Lucius was working at his job on the Ministry.

xxxxx

Hours had passed and Athena decided to stop by the Hogsmeade Post Office once again. Like last time her slot wasn't empty. Athena pulled out an envelope. It had a dark green wax print of an 'M' keeping it sealed shut. Lucius, Athena thought.

——————————————————————————

sorry it took me so long to update for such a short chapter. i've been busy with school lately and i have some exams coming up. thanks for the support loves. ♥︎