Chapter Eight | Mistakes

• Lucius' POV •

I'd just apparated home after dropping off Draco, and within seconds of me being back at the manor I saw Athena. What's wrong with her? Her eyes were wide, palms sweaty, and a horrified look on her face. She quickly took notice of my gaze on her and turned away from me, heading for the library.

"Athena," I began, to which the girl ignored. She kept walking and was now inside the library. "I'm talking to you." I spoke, getting frustrated. I knew she heard me, but why would she ignore me? Athena shut the door behind her and remained silent, now I was getting angry. Ignoring me in my own house? With a wave of my hand the door was opened and Athena was sitting on a nearby couch.

"I don't wish to speak to you right now Lucius." she spoke with her voice shaking slightly. This was alarming. Unwilling to back down I used legilimency on her, and I wasn't expecting to hear what I heard from her pretty little mind. Narcissa told her to stay away from me? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I decided to speak up, knowing it would probably piss her off.

"She had no right to tell you that." I stated. The beautiful girl's head shot up with angry eyes that pierced right into mine. Even when she's angry she's beautiful...Stop it. Cissy is here now..this is what i've wanted, to be together as a family. A feeling of guilt washed over me thinking about the fact her and I were in the same bed just hours before, yet my wife was laying in that very bed right this minute. I let out a sigh and approached the girl who still had her angry gaze on me.

"Athena we need to talk," I began, taking a deep breath and looking down at her. "What happened the other night.." I paused, watching the look on her face go from anger to sadness, "It was a mistake."

Athena's lip began to quiver and she took it between her teeth, with tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm going home." she spoke coldly trying to hide the sadness in her voice. She began to walk past me, heading for the door when I grabbed her wrist to stop her. Thank Merlin it wasn't her injured wrist. My grip was tight on her skin, unwilling to let go.

"You can't, you need to be supervised." I said in response.

"Supervised? I'm not a toddler, Lucius! I should've known you didn't mean it, any of it!" she yelled. My eyes widened and my grip tightened on her wrist, making her whine in pain.

"Do not raise your voice at me, Athena. What is it you don't think I meant?" I questioned getting more and more frustrated.

"You make me so happy Athena, you're so lovely," she mocked, tears beginning to run down her face.

"I shouldn't have said those things. That's why we need to talk Athena." My jaw was clenched and patience was running thin. "It was a stupid mistake."

She blinked at me, with a look of shock and hurt on her face.

"I really felt something for you Lucius..." she whispered.

I did too, Athena...

"I wasn't expecting Narcissa to come back and be active in our relationship. She's my wife." I spoke, hiding the hurt that I too felt.

Athena nodded, looking down at her feet, only for her eyes to meet mine again. "Your wife, of course. How could I be so stupid? She's your wife..." she paused, and took some steps toward me closing the gap between our bodies. When I least expected it, she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug. Athena stayed there for just a moment before pulling away from me.

"What are y-" I began, but was cut off from her finger on my lips.

"Be quiet Lucius. I'm doing this because I don't know if i'll ever be able to do this again." she spoke in a shaky voice. Before I could react, she pressed her lips against mine softly, cupping my face with her small hand. I couldn't help but kiss her back for just a moment, but I pushed her off of me.

It felt wrong.

The girl sighed, and walked away from me, again heading for the doors.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To bed. You're obviously not gonna to let me go home." she spoke quietly. By the time I took a step in her direction, the library doors were already shut. I wish she knew just how much I liked her. But Cissy is here now, things will change...

xxxxx

Lucius had just stepped into his bedroom, to see his wife reading on her side of the bed. The beautiful woman looked up and gave her husband a smile, before patting his side of the bed for him to join her.

"Just a moment love." he spoke before stepping into their giant master bathroom. Lucius returned in his pajamas, black silk pants with a matching button up shirt, his hair tied in a low ponytail with a black ribbon. Without warning, Narcissa's hand went to Lucius' thigh, running her hand up and down. He quickly took notice and raised an eyebrow at her, to which she smirked.

"It's late Narcissa, maybe we should just-" the witch cut him off, moving her hand up to his cock and palming him.

"Really love? I wanted to show you how much you mean to me," she whispered seductively in his ear. Lucius inhaled sharply as his wife gripped his cock through his clothes, as he began to harden. The blonde man looked at his wife, cupping her face as he began to kiss her, and she broke the kiss to move on top of him.

xxxxx

Athena laid in bed, unable to sleep. It was thirty past ten and she was getting hungry, since she hadn't eaten at dinner time. She slipped out of bed and began walking down the hallway, only to hear the sound of skin on skin and what she assumed to be was Narcissa's moans. Oh for fucksakes.

——————————————————————————

okay hi guys. i broke the fucking promise already and i feel stupid. good news, i got accepted to a varsity team for softball. bad news, that means i play for two teams now, travel and school which means i'll be busier. i'm not going to let that get in the way of this story, yes, this chapter was shorter but this week was crazy. there will  be updates every sunday. thank you all, - c 🖤