Feast Your Eyes

Maya

"Now... The only question is, who's gonna turn me?" I ask and look around the room.

"We don't have much time to do both. We need to gather those who will be willing to help us," says Carlisle.

"You're the only doctor here that's a vampire," says Seth.

"It's true that we need both, but they can be separate. Maya's father is a doctor and there are a few vampires here," Bella says with a shrug and a smile.

"So who will it be?" I ask.

"I'm not biting into a dog," says Rosalie.

"Not even a half-dog."

"Ouch Rose," I say as I roll my eyes.

Emmett and Edward chuckle, and she glares at them.

"I'll do it," Jasper says suddenly and we all turn to look at him with wide eyes.

"Are you sure that's wise?" I ask with my eyes narrowed and he shrugs.

"Your blood doesn't appeal to me as much as most. Probably because of the shifter gene," he says and smiles.

"Whelp... I guess that settles it, but I would like a ref to boot him out if he decides to keep his teeth in me," I say and Alice chuckles.

"Of course. I'll be there with you and so will Seth, right?" she asks as she eyes him.

"Yep. I'll be there," he says awkwardly.

"Lead the way," I say as I gesture forward.

Alice and Jasper walk ahead as they lead us back into the makeshift hospital room. Jasper rolls his sleeves up and smiles at me as Alice shuts the door.

"You may want to lie down. This is going to be extremely painful and Seth," he says as he turns toward the scared teen.

"Don't punch me when she starts screaming."

"Y-Yeah... O-Okay," he stutters.

I lie back and look at Seth one last time before I look at Jasper. He picks up my hand and turns it over, bringing my wrist to his mouth.

He bites down and I flinch with the slight pain. My eyes widen as fire lights up my arm and then I start screaming. I look at Jasper and see my wrist still in his mouth. Blood runs down his chin and his eyes roll back.

"J-Jasper... Let go!" I cry.

Alice pulls him off and drags him out of the room.

Seth holds my hand and strokes my hair as the fire spreads and builds in my chest. My eyes burn and I growl between screams and roars. I could feel my bones break and rearrange as I release Seth's hand. My voice no longer prominent in my cries of pain. I growl and howl, only seeing red.

"Jake!" Seth yells.

The door flies open and several people stand in the doorway with wide eyes. I turn and look at them all, a growl tearing its way through my gut and lick my teeth as I snarl. All I can think about is food; blood and meat. On all fours, I jump from the bed and hunker at the back of the room. I lunge forward and they duck out of the way.

Tearing through the house at lightning speed, I run out the front door with a howl. I run on all fours through the woods, hunger bubbling to the surface. My pace slows as I stand up and sniff the air with my eyes closed. My nose goes to the ground as I follow a bear's scent. I pad through the trees slowly until I reach a tree thick enough to hold my weight.

My claws dig into the bark easily as I climb the tree and rest on a branch, a low rumble making its way to my throat as I snarl softly. A large black bear catches my eyes a few feet away, but it has cubs and I can't bring myself to remove a mother from her children, so I wait longer. Another bear comes along, much bigger than the last, and I drop down on it with a growl. We roll around biting at each other until I get the upper-hand and snap its neck with my hand. I dig into its belly, tearing at its flesh until I reach the meat and blood I am craving.

I rip out each chunk with a gut wrenching tearing sound. My tongue scoops up the blood as it pools on the ground like a lion drinking from an oasis. The bear's body jerks and shudders as I rip meat from its ribs and chew on its liver. I look down at the puddle of blood as I tear into the bear's kidney and see my glowing green eyes. The kidney falls from my mouth and examine my teeth and face.

I look humanoid, but I have long canines. My nose looks a little different too, almost flat against my face, but when I look over my body I notice my legs are bent just like a wolf's. I stand at that moment as I look at my arms, finally noticing I'm quite a bit taller than I was originally. Looking at my blood soaked arms and claws, the white fur is coated in a thick layer of red and pink from the blood. My ears twitch at a sound a good distance away and I turn around.

I almost drop down in an attack stance, but I see Seth and Jake, making me relax. Standing at my full height, I tower over the shifters and vampires. A soft growl escapes my lips and I drop down on all fours behind the bear's hollow carcass. I grab the kidney I didn't finish and tear into it until I swallow the last piece. Smelling Seth's scent, I turn to see him standing behind me.

I trot over to him slowly and rub my head against his shoulder before changing back.

"You-You need a shower," he says with a smirk.

"You reek."

I frown and walk back toward the Cullen house.

"Nice to see you too," I say and run faster than ever before to get cleaned up.

My steps are wet and sticky as I walk through the door, up the stairs, past a wide eyed Bella, into the kitchen for a quick drink from the faucet, and up the stairs to the nearest bathroom. My clothes are ruined, so I drop them into the bathroom trashcan and turn on the shower. I sing softly as I watch the blood flow down the drain, washing off and rinsing my mouth out thoroughly.

"Alice," I call softly as I peek my head out of the bathroom.

"Yes?" she asks as she suddenly appears in front of me.

"I could use some clothes. Mine are kinda ruined," I say with a smile.

"Of course. I'll be back in a moment," she says and disappears.