Ability

Maya

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazar states.

Night had fallen not too long ago and Seth had returned to the Cullens from patrols with the new shifters. We all have gathered to hear what Eleazar had to say, Renesmee in bed.

"So, he's done this before?" Bella asks from beside Jacob.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazar replies, looking deep in thought.

"Apparently, he always pardons one person whose thoughts, he claims, are repentant," Carlisle adds and I turn to look at him, reading his mind to find he use to be a part of their coven.

"This person always has an ability and are always given a place with the guard," Eleazar continues and my eyes flash to Edward as I catch some of his thoughts.

"This is all about Alice. He has no one like her."

"Which is why she left," Bella concludes.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asks, confusion and concern written on his face.

"To spread the word that justice has been served...after he slaughters an entire coven," Alistair states ominously and I turn to look at him with my brows knit.

Amun begins to walk out of the room, stopping in front of Benjamin and Tia.

"Benjamin, Tia, we are leaving."

Edward defensively begins to speak, hoping to change his mind.

"And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina? Or Kate? Or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want? Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's acquisition."

My eyes drop to the floor, wondering if Aro will come for me or if he'll just kill me outright.

"Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will...for the sake of my family. But, also for yours...and the way you wanna live," Edward continues, my eyes snapping up to meet his as I see into his thoughts.

Jake stands up, tall as an Alpha should, confident in his resolve.

"The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires," he states as he looks around, determination on his face.

Seth and I stand, my head nodding in agreement toward Edward.

"You've known from the beginning... I'll fight for our family," I state, my chin jutted out confidently as my eyes glow.

The Denalis stand, nodding as well.

"We will fight," Tanya says resolutely.

"This won't be the first time I've fought a king's rule," Garret says as he steps forward, red eyes flicking between everyone.

I feel it before I see him step up.

"We will join you," Benjamin says softly.

"No," Amun objects, looking utterly terrified.

"I will do the right thing, Amun... You may do as you please," Benjamin argues calmly before his eyes land on mine and I give him a soft nod, a small smile stretching over my lips.

"We will stand with you," Senna says and the Irish coven stands as one.

"So will we," Siobhan agrees and Edward looks around with hope and gratitude as Charlotte nods from beside Peter.