Turtlejou (Kinkajou x Turtle)

Art not by me!

Enjoy!!! :D

***

A splitting headache woke Moonwatcher in a pool of cold sweat on her rainforest bed. She knew what was coming...

A kiss in the dark,

A falling lark,

A choice must be made

Before it's too late

Two dragons hatched to be together,

Two dragons hatched to change the world.

An egg of gold

An egg of emerald

Talons entwined

Each other they must find...

Gulping air, Moon rose, stretching her wings and wondering.

***

In the rainforest...

"Kinkajou!!" Screamed Bromeliad.

"Kinkajou!!" Yelled Queen Magnificent.

"KINKAJOU!!!" Roared the Nightwing.

Kinkajou woke up, breathing hard, her scales the colors of limes and lilies. She rolled over in her hammock, the humid rainforest air clinging to her scales. Exhaling, she thought, Just a dream. But at the same time, it's reality...

***

In the Kingdom of the Sea, many moons ago...

"Gill, the three princes have hatched."

Coral's weary and grief-wracked voice echoed through the Summer Palace.

"I'll send them to the Prince Wing if you please."

Gill turned around slowly, anger rushing through his veins. "No, no. I'd like to see the little princes. Lead me there."

"All right."

---

They swam up to the hatchery. Abalone was waiting. He bowed. The princes are in the hatchery. He flashed.

Three tiny dragonets were waiting for them.

Coral flashed their names, gesturing to each. That's Turtle. There's Octopus. The last one's Cerulean.

The first was emerald-green, with gold dots on his eyes, like little golden pearls. His giant eyes stared at Gill, and bubbles of air erupted from his mouth. He flashed his scales, saying something like Sand yummy dolphin yucky. Gill found the urge to slash the dragonet's face grow. There was something sinister in those innocent-looking eyes. Something... abnormal.

Octopus was red, and he looked like he would tease a dragon for such a small thing, like accidentally eating a sea cucumber. He stuck out his tongue, squeezing his eyes shut. He lit up his scales. LEGGO CLOWNFISH! EAT SQUID! WANT YOU NEVER GET SEA!

Instead of all these useless princes, we could have a functioning heir to the throne. A proper princess.

Glancing at the third, Gill saw a cerulean blue dragonet with a smug smile on his snout. He had a fairly ferocious snout, although handsome. He was nothing special. I KILL YOU. Cerulean flashed brightly.