Ripwatcher (Riptide x Moonwatcher)

Requested by @therandomnightwing and 

Enjoy!

Art's not mine, but I cropped it and made the image

it was ripnami

and moonbli 

lol

remove.bg works wonders

---

Riptide ran with Tsunami, thinking about how incredibly clingy and rude she could be sometimes.

Not Moon, a corner of his mind pointed out. She's never rude.

But you HAVE to be with Tsunami, you're in love with her.

Used to be, you mean.

Never mind that now, look. There's Moon.

Riptide looked over, seeing the dragon he was falling for.

She was shrouded in sunlight, all the beautiful undertones of green, blue, and purple mixed in with her black scales. The silver scales on the undersides of her wings sparkled like diamonds. Their gazes met, then locked together.

"C'mon, Riptide!" Tsunami grabbed his talon, pulling him away from Moon's gaze and breaking the spell that had been cast over them for a moment.

"Wha- oh, okay." He watched Moon blush and look down. When she looked back up, he was entranced by her deep green eyes. He was falling, falling into them. Yelling, screaming for Moon's help. Riptide tried to open his wings but they were gone. He faintly saw Tsunami waving a webbed talon in front of his face. He felt soft pillows beneath his head. 

Then he drifted away with the riptide into the ocean of sleep.

---

(two weeks later)

Riptide woke to the soft sound of a dragon crying.

He opened his eyes, and the world was blurry, like how it looked to other dragons underwater.

Slowly his eyes focused to see a black dragon with teardrop scales by her eyes sitting next to him. Her snout was in her talons, her eyes closed. Saltwater was running down her cheeks, and Riptide couldn't help but notice how adorable Moon looked. So helpless and small. She shivered.

"Moon," Riptide choked out, over the large lump in his throat. "Don't cry."

Moon uncovered her eyes, and there they were, like all the emeralds in the world were packed into her huge, watery eyes.

"R-riptide," he heard before his wings were around her and their lips met. 

"I-I thought you were dead," She hiccuped.

"Shhhh."

Tsunami came barging in. Moon jumped off Riptide quickly and pretended to sob. Riptide threw his eyes closed. "How's he doing? I was so scared when he fell off that cliff. He wouldn't open his wings, and I was too late. He fell like a rock."

Moon hiccuped.

Right after she left, they continued kissing before eventually falling asleep.