Sunlow (Sundew x Willow)

Art by Biohazardia

aaaah i LOVE this ship <3

ok ok

requested by @mayapapaya842 enjoy!!!

---

It was Sundew's hatching day.

But did anybody notice? Or care? Apparently not.

Not even Willow. She thought sadly. She'd thought much higher of her girlfriend. But she hadn't seen Willow all day.

For all her other hatching days she'd known Willow, her girlfriend had brought her a bug cake, along with a better present every time. They'd snuggle all night, falling asleep together. Then Sundew would wake up before the rest of the tribe got up, waking Willow for a goodbye and one last kiss. Then Sundew would creep away through the night, curling up in her bed and going back to sleep.

Her parents had never adknowledged that it was her hatching day, so she didn't care about them. If they knew how upset I'm feeling about my hatching day, they would just say I shouldn't care. Because I shouldn't. But I do. 

She finished pacing as she reached her room. Sundew curled up into a ball, letting her emerald wings fall limply like leaves from a tree. She shivered, curling her claws and missing Willow's warmth.

She'd been laying there for awhile when she heard a soft, familiar voice. "Sundew? I've been looking for you." Sundew looked up to see the pale green scales of Willow.

"What do you want?" Sundew growled.

Willow's lips tightened. "Just follow me."

Sundew slowly uncurled and stood up, grumping along behind Willow expectantly. They passed Belladonna on the way. "Cheer up," she hissed, bumping Sundew rudely. Sundew growled in response.

They reached a grove. Willow stopped and turned around to face Sundew. Willow put a talon on Sundew's shoulder and pulled her in for a kiss. Willow smiled, and Sundew did the same. "I need you to be good for me, okay? I promise you'll like this."

Sundew looked down. "Okay." And suddenly, just like that, the mood was lightened.

They continued for a few more minutes when they reached a patch of willow trees. A sundew was painted onto one of the trees, the one in the middle, and it was painted very well. It looked so lifelike. They walked up to it. Sundew faced the tree, tracing the painting with her talon. "Happy birthday," Willow smiled. 

Sundew turned rapidly. "You mean you painted this?" She asked, her eyes wide.

Willow nodded. "That's why I was gone all day. I'm sorry, Sundew. I didn't know it would take this long-"

She was interrupted as Sundew threw her wings around her girlfriend. Willow caught her without much trouble, and there they were, locked in a kiss. 

---

That night, Sundew was enjoying a wonderful birthday party with her girlfriend, Hazel, Queen Sequoia (Willow had gotten her to come), and many other LeafWings who had helped defeat the breath of evil. A few of Sundew's friends from Pyrrhia were there also.

However, Willow had one more surprise. "Sundew of the Leafwings, my one and only true love and light. My essence of happiness, will you marry me?"

Of course she said yes.

They partied all night, eventually tiring from singing and dancing together. They both fell asleep that night with contented smiles on their faces.