Carnelian x Kinkajou

This feels like this ship's theme song idk XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3phPtiIsQ

Couldn't find art for this ship so I made some! drawings are not mine

ALSO OMG GUYS! 300+ reads! ty guys so freaking much! I love you all!

Requested by @jasper_grey_ enjoy!!

~Carnelian's Pov~

I lay in my bed, staring at the wall of the school I never wanted to go to. The gray, gray wall. The bed was just a ledge of rock. I came here for Ruby. Ruby, my queen. I would do anything for her. I would die for her. I imagined Scalet's fiery scales underneath my talons, wringing her neck with Ruby behind me, cheering me on. 

I growled softly. What I wouldn't give to be in battle, killing anyone who threatened my queen's throne right now.

Instead, I was here, at this silly school with silly dragons and a silly winglet. There were Icewings here. There were even Rainwings here. 

My thoughts flitted to the violently magenta RainWing in my winglet. My chest tightened suddenly. I flipped over to my other side, staring at the hammock on the other side of the room from me. 

Kinkajou was laying there silently, chest rising and falling peacefully. Her snout was carved into a smile, and pink puffs were drifting across her scales.

What I wouldn't give to be lying beside her at this very moment.

Ever since I had started catching feelings for this dragon, I hadn't minded being at this school as much, because it meant I could spend time with happy, excited, sweet, and adorable Kinkajou. Be close to her.

Many times I had found myself hoping, wishing, and being happy that my scales were already a deep red.

I knew she would never share my feelings, I mean, she's basically sunshine embodied, and I'm just a Ruby-loyal, battle-torn SkyWing.

The truth is, I'm in love with her.

Crazy, I know that.

But that doesn't mean I can change it.

A tear slipped from my eye.

---

I watched the sun rise.

I was right outside the prey center, and Clay hadn't arrived yet. I was contemplating whether I should just tell her. 

Clay's clawsteps came in the hallway. I jumped out the window.

---

A/N: Adding a bit of human-y stuff here

I strolled in the hallway and suddenly heard some dragon singing "Happier" by Marshmello.

I relaxed slowly. Music has always been my haven. 

Suddenly I recognized her voice. 

It was Kinkajou!

"'Cause with all that has happened

I think that we both know the way that the story ends

Then only for a minute

I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I wanna raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier

I want you to be happier"

I cried silently. Her voice was gorgeous, just like the rest of her. 

I had an idea. A really dumb idea.

 A really dumb idea

Yup. Write her a note.

I placed the written note on my talon and blew it into our cave softly, making sure she didn't see me.

Then I ran.

I heard the music stop behind me.

She couldn't see me near our cave, or she'd know it was me. After awhile I stopped and leaned over, breathing hard.

---

~that evening~

I sat on my ledge staring anxiously at Kinkajou. She was sitting in her hammock holding a pink slip of paper in her talons and blushing. When she glanced over at me I quickly looked down, hoping my blush was hidden by my deep red scales.

Moon was at the library. Kinkajou stood up, and without a word, hopped onto the ledge with me and kissed me. I kissed back, of course, though at first I was surprised. When our lungs were empty we pulled away, and she asked me, "It was you, wasn't it?"

I blushed furiously. "Yes, it was."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I've wanted to kiss you for awhile now."

I laughed. "C'mere." we hopped down and I lay down on my back. She got on top of me dutifully, and I murmured against her lips, "This is what I've always wanted to do."

---

🍓 🎀 ~𝐸𝓃𝒹~ 🎀 🍓

Ok, I kinda like this! yay I wrote more than crap for once 😭

lol

 ok srlsy tho guys, lmk what u think!

and thanks again!

bye

ᴮᵉᵉᵖⁱᵉ