Blicket (Blue x Cricket) PARTE 1

Hiiiiii. :) um so, the personalities might be a bit off, cause it's been a while since I read le books that they're in. Bit of Lunatail in here, too.

ALSO-

BOOK 14!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! CAN'T WAIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

ok sry. enjoy!

Blue watched Cricket as she stared delightedly at the reading monkeys. "They're so CUTE!!! Ooo, I wonder what they eat?" He felt a blush creeping onto his cheeks. 

Cricket turned to Blue. Her gorgeous smile lit up her snout, and her gold-tinged reading glasses shone in the sunlight. He smiled. "Hey Blue, let's go catch one!" He started. 

"Wait, what? They could hurt us! Or-" She cut him off with a kiss on the mouth. Then she bounded down the savanna towards the reading monkey hive. He quickly followed, yelling after her. "Don't go! Wait!" His antennae swayed in the wind.

They peeked in the windows. Blue was still protesting, but Cricket shushed him, and he fell silent.

One of the reading monkeys was holding three dead elephant shrews, one each for the three reading monkeys. It was placing them on a rock in a large fire, like Blue's flamesilk would make. Cooking them? Blue wondered silently. 

A second monkey was, well, reading. 

And the third was... holding a dragonet.

                                                                                                ***

"WHAAAAT?" Cricket whisper-screamed. The reading monkey was holding a baby dragon! A SilkWing, Cricket guessed. There were nubs on her shoulders, and the reddish-orange SilkWing dragonet was obviously sleeping. She flared her wings. "This is fascinating! They aren't running away!" She whispered.

"WAIT WHAT IF THEY HURT HER!" Blue whispered. 

Smiling, she pecked his cheek. "You're so cute when you worry. C'mon." Slowly she crept towards the hive's entrance. But before she could go in, they heard a pair of wings above them. Luna and Swordtail landed behind them. "Blue! Hiiii!" Luna threw her wings around her little brother.

"Hi Luna," Blue said. "and hey Swordtail. Cricket wants to catch a reading monkey."

"Sure! I'm all in." He crawled towards the door to the hive. Luna jumped on his back. Cricket smiled, following.

They all crept in. Immediately two of the reading monkeys started squeaking. But the third, with the dragonet, made a sound like a rushing waterfall and rocked the dragonet slowly in her arms  She pointed to Blue, then Luna, then Swordtail, babbling, and then back at her dragonet. She made the waterfall noise again, and the other monkeys stopped running around squealing. "Yob, Yibble." the cooking one protested. "YIBBLE yobble GRRRRR." She made a bad impression of a dragon unsheathing her claws and growling. 

"YOON YABBLE TIBBLE BONNER!!!" The reading monkey screetched at the dragonet.

"Yob, nopp!" The dragonet rocker made the waterfall sound and pointed to the dragonet. "Meema meep."

This is FASCINATING, Cricket thought. It looks like they're actually FIGHTING! Like DRAGONS!!

The reading monkey holding the SilkWing turned to the dragons and made a sound that sounded almost like, I'm Shrew. "Did you HEAR THAT!?" Blue whispered to Cricket. 

Instead of answering, she replied, "Hi Shrew, I'm Cricket. This is Blue, Luna, and Swordtail." 

The reading monkey crooned excitedly, and tried out, "Heey Creekooot." She looked at Cricket hopefully. "Blu. Looony. Sordtale."

"Hey!" Luna shouted indignantly.

"It's okay, my love. You aren't Loony to me." Swordtail shot the reading monkey a dirty look.

"Easy for you to say! She got your name PERFECTLY." She kissed him dramatically. "You're lucky I'm in LOVE with you."

He kissed her back, of course. Everyone knew how in love they were.

Ever since the tribes had been at peace, and Queen Wasp killed, and the breath of evil wiped out, dragons could be with whomever they wanted. All the tribes were equal.

Cricket thought of The Lost Con--Pyrrhia, of how they had SEVEN WHOLE TRIBES THERE, THREE MOONS. Of Kinkajou, who was the awesomest dragon under the moons, except Blue, of course. Of Qibli and Winter, who were the same sex and together but weren't judged by anyone for it. That reminded her of Sundew and Willow. 

She looked at Blue wistfully, his intelligent snout. She tasted his lips in hers, cool and soft. How he kissed, with little nips and purrs, and his tongue in her mouth. She heard his laugh, his beautiful laugh. The one that made her smile, and laugh back. His eyes, deep aqua pools of happiness. His scales, not angry and agitated like the HiveWings' were, but calm and collected.

Cricket was in love with Blue.

It was as simple as that.