『 ◡̈ ┊ NINE ┊◡̈ 』

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Racing away from the funeral home, Amelia doesn't even think twice about the group of men calling after her.

She can't bare to spare them, nor anyone else, any of her attention with her head spinning the way it is right now.

Over and over again, Lena's words echo in her mind.

"You've always been this way, just like your mother."

The attempted insult strikes Amelia in her heart with the strength of a thousand knives.

And not because Lena was insinuating that she'd been sleeping around that entire time, rather, that she would ever even hint that her mother was like that.

Amelia's mother was an amazing woman, sure she had her flaws, but no one is perfect.

Especially not Lena.

It was obvious to everyone that despite her friendship with both Amelia's parents, the woman was most loyal to her father.

Apparently Lena and him went way back, all the way to grade school.

Knowing this, Amelia has always found it hard to believe when Lena claims to never have had any feelings for her father.

Even at a young age Amelia wasn't ignorant enough to obliviously ignore the way she looked so yearningly at her parents and their relationship.

Sure, Lena never said anything about it directly, but sliding in small insults and such directed at her mother even after death will forever confirm Amelia's assumption that deep down Lena was in love with her father.

Maybe even still is.

It'd make sense as to why she was so upset when Amelia's grandmother passed, after all she was all Lena had left of the man.

Yet, you'd think she'd still have a sliver of empathy for Amelia.

After all, her grandmother was the last she had of any family at all...

Now she has no one but herself, especially seeing as Lena clearly doesn't want her around anymore.

Tears streaming her cheeks, the delayed mourning she should've been going through back at the funeral finally rolls over her in waves.