Little Light

2 years later...
I look at myself in the mirror and I can't believe what I'm seeing. Me, in a white dress and a veil, something I thought I'd never see. Yet, I know it's exactly where I'm supposed to be.
Riley's reflection appears next to mine in her burgundy dress she picked out months ago. "Ready?" She asks.
My eyes widen. "It's time?"
"It's time whenever you're ready, it's your day."
My mother flits into the room, all blonde hair and tanned skin. "All of the place cards have been taken except one," she says.
I don't need her to say the name, I know it's Dakota. We tried to stay friends but we haven't talked in a while. When she didn't show up to my bridal shower, I didn't think she'd show up today either.
"Ok, then it's time," I say.
We all line up the way we practiced; Megan first, me last. I hear the violin song I picked start to play and a piece of me starts to panic.
"What am I doing?" I say without really meaning to say it out loud.
Riley turns around, no trace of worry on her face. "You're marrying the love of your life. You're getting the happy ending you deserve. Game over, bitch."
I giggle, thankful for her confidence and jokes. I wouldn't be here without her and I know that. "Thank you," I say.
She leans in and kisses my cheek quickly. "I'll see you out there."
Riley turns around and walks through the doorway and I'm left alone. I take a deep breath and think back on the last two years. I can't find even one small reason to turn around right now. Everyday since that night I realized fireworks didn't even come close to what I thought I wanted, I've been happier than I could've ever imagined. Everything that's happened in my life has led me here.
The music changes and I know that's my cue. I step into the doorway and despite the room full of people the only person I see is him. Jordan. Standing at the end of the aisle, waiting for me.
I wave slightly and he waves back. I take a deep breath and take my first step into the rest of my life.